So is Star Wars III appropriate for a 5 year old?

PIZ

to say it was too scary for a kid is ignorant

I guess it is safe to assume you don't have a 5-yr old yourself.

The original post should has asked "if you've seen the movie and you have young children, is it appropriate for a 5 year old?"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I think it's on the level of a 5 year old where they can understand it? No I don't. Do I think it's too violent and will scar a 5 year old for life? No.

Is it a movie I'd take my 5 year old to see? Probably not because they aren't old enough to understand the plot line and what's going on and would probably fall asleep. The violence in the movie wouldn't be enough to leave my child at home, it's not very gory.

Do I think it's on the level of a 5 year old where they can understand it?  No I don't.  Do I think it's too violent and will scar a 5 year old for life?  No.

Is it a movie I'd take my 5 year old to see?  Probably not because they aren't old enough to understand the plot line and what's going on and would probably fall asleep.  The violence in the movie wouldn't be enough to leave my child at home, it's not very gory.

361667[/snapback]

BEST reply right here

my lil sister felll asleep when she went and seen it < ............my lil brother loved it and has watched it a total of 9 times.......oh my God he is scarred for life.........I need to tell him that.........

hahaha

I wouldn't take a 5 year old. There were two times in the movie I wished I hadn't taken my 7 year old. Quite frankly, the movie isn't as good as I had hoped it would be. The first hour is too slow. Hayden Christiansen doesn't act very well, but that could be due to Lucas. The guy who plays Palpatine is excellent though.

I wouldn't take a 5 year old.  There were two times in the movie I wished I hadn't taken my 7 year old.  Quite frankly, the movie isn't as good as I had hoped it would be.  The first hour is too slow.  Hayden Christiansen doesn't act very well, but that could be due to Lucas.  The guy who plays Palpatine is excellent though.

361806[/snapback]

thats the same guy who has always played him

thats the same guy who has always played him

361877[/snapback]

Not true

Clive Revill played Emperor Palpatine in Empire Strikes Back

Ian McDermond played Palpatine in Return of the Jedi and Episodes I-III

well originally anyway. we all know how Lucas likes to go back and revise his movies with dewbacks, change characters, more ewoks, better special effects, walkie talkies, etc