I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!

Pete

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And because of their LATITUDE. More consistent length of days throughout the year. Closer to the equator and poles,  it really doesn't matter. With stuff like this, the middle latitudes bear more of a burden.

It's pretty disingenuous of Florida.  They wouldn't be pushing this crap if there were health effects affecting driven by their latitude.  Oh wait, there are. 😏 

Why do they even wanna fuq w/us given the already increased middle latitude burden:

https://www.neurologylive.com/view/multiple-sclerosis-severity-associated-latitude-temperate-zones-driven-uvb-exposure

Do we mess around with their hurricane funding?

If we all lived at the same latitude and had similar length of days consistently throughout the year, then fine. 

Fair points. I think what Florida is doing is specific to their state. Currently states can opt out of DST and stay on standard time, but no state has the option of staying on DST. They'd simply like that option. 

If that happens and you go on a cross country road trip, just crank up the Chicago tune: "Does anybody really know what time it is."

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Fair points. I think what Florida is doing is specific to their state. Currently states can opt out of DST and stay on standard time, but no state has the option of staying on DST. They'd simply like that option. 

If that happens and you go on a cross country road trip, just crank up the Chicago tune: "Does anybody really know what time it is."

Yup! 

Called: "Standard" for a reason.

Why I made the crack about each state given the opportunity to decide for themselves.

The 20 states should opt out.  What a wonderful mess that would be. You'd see the Fed panic. Right now, Arizona (who wants more evening heat) & Hawaii (almost 12/12 daylight year 'round anyway) are negligible... But the rest of the herd has to be uniform.