Stop me before I shop again!!

Spoken just like someone who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

357961[/snapback]

:blink:

(yes yes I know first-hand that depression isn't that easy but I said it for the comedic value, this is my idea of comedy when I'm half asleep with madTV skits on the brain, lol)...

One thing that was funny today that kinda relates to this while I was at work, I got an email from a person trying to find the University's selfesteem guide online. I found it for them, and was reading it. They had 3 types of people with low selfesteem. They gave each type a title. One of them was called "The Loser".

That struck me as hilarious. If I'm already in need of help with self esteem, don't call me a loser, lol.

:blink:

(yes yes I know first-hand that depression isn't that easy but I said it for the comedic value, this is my idea of comedy when I'm half asleep with madTV skits on the brain, lol)...

One thing that was funny today that kinda relates to this while I was at work, I got an email from a person trying to find the University's selfesteem guide online.  I found it for them, and was reading it.  They had 3 types of people with low selfesteem.  They gave each type a title.  One of them was called "The Loser".

That struck me as hilarious.  If I'm already in need of help with self esteem, don't call me a loser, lol.

357962[/snapback]

That IS funny. In a sad way. What moron thought that up?

Last I checked SGLI was $250K - but Debbie is actually correct as well.  The death benefit is $12.5K

357997[/snapback]

I read an article a while back that said they were trying to increase SGLI to $400,000.

I remember when the army automatically enrolled everybody into the $200,000 SGLI coverage. It pissed off a lot of people. Anybody who changed their coverage back to nothing or $100,000, received a negative counseling statement in their folder.

I read an article a while back that said they were trying to increase SGLI to $400,000.

I remember when the army automatically enrolled everybody into the $200,000 SGLI coverage.  It pissed off a lot of people.  Anybody who changed their coverage back to nothing or $100,000, received a negative counseling statement in their folder.

358001[/snapback]

Wanna know what really pisses me off? VGLI. You can't get more coverage than you had at any time when you were in? Why is that? Am I not as much of a veteran than those who were lucky enough to be in when they finally raised the rate? Do my costs of living not go up just as theirs do? It ain't free, we pay for it, so what's the big deal?

Friggin' government.

You've just given me justification to go out and tag every piece of ass i can find, and when I get called a jerk I can just say I haven't been the same since 9/11

:doh:

357939[/snapback]

Um....I didn't know I was supposed to have justification to do that. :P:(;):P

Um....I didn't know I was supposed to have justification to do that.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

358276[/snapback]

well, now you have it courtesy of blzrul.

and if anyone asks why a woman would justify this kind of behavior from a man, tell them 9/11 hit some of us harder than others :D

well, now you have it courtesy of blzrul.

and if anyone asks why a woman would justify this kind of behavior from a man, tell them 9/11 hit some of us harder than others :lol:

358677[/snapback]

I think blzrul understands personal loss, very well. Most likely, better than most. If you lost your son, or your wife behind 9/11...I appologize in advance. Because I simply didn't know.

Debbie is good people. I remember a few years ago, when many here said this was a "family" (actually, it was to the other side...we've ALWAYS hated each other here...). No, it's not a family - but you do get a feel for those around you, after a time. If you take some time to learn them. Might not agree with Debbie, that doesn't make her a bad person. There are also a lot of folks who need to look up "cynical".

Oh well, this is one of those blow over posts. Back to the modern and improved PPP.

You've just given me justification to go out and tag every piece of ass i can find, and when I get called a jerk I can just say I haven't been the same since 9/11

:lol:

357939[/snapback]

You're confusing justification and explanation. Is said woman justified in going out and blowing all her money in one giant depression-fuelled shopping spree? Probably not. Does depression explain her actions? Probably yes...

Somehow, I think the subtle differences are lost on most of you pinheads, though. Understanding what drives a person to do what they do does not mean you absolve them of responsibility...