What are the Bills biggest areas of depth and need heading in the off-season?

4 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Everyone doesn't want to hear it, but DL, both DT and DE are the biggest priority.   

We have premium players at both positions in Rousseau and Oliver.  We also have Miller, who could rebound and have a solid season next year.  As I noted above, we certainly need added depth at both positions and it wouldn't surprise me if we draft both positions in the 1st 4 rounds.  

That said, WR and Safety are bigger concerns.  Depending on how Beane proceeds, we may have zero safeties on the roster soon if both Poyer and Hamlin become cap casualties. 

At WR, Davis' disappearing act and then injury pointed out how ineffective our WR group had become.  Defenses double-teamed and schemed to take Diggs away.  He helped by dropping critical passes.  This forced Brady to use a more ball control offense which took away explosive plays from Allen.  To maximize what we get from Allen, Beane needs to give Brady better talent at WR.  Unfortunately, through out Beane's tenure to has yet to draft a WR above the 4th rd.  

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  

One thought:  Given the OL and what it means to team success, I would not be opposed to adding a top C/G in Rd3 to provide depth and have a young guy ready to be Allens next long term center after Morse.

But WR safety and DL are l gaping holes.  I expect the draft to be some combo of WR, S, and interior DL heavy.  Hopefully two WRs at least.  

Yup, Hopefully at least one of those WRs is a high round pick and is ready to play out of the gate. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan714 said:

Everyone doesn't want to hear it, but DL, both DT and DE are the biggest priority.   

They are needs, but no priority is bigger than WR. Getting Josh Allen elite weapons is the key to future success more than any other factor. This is a great draft for WR and there needs to be at least one premium pick spent on the position.

As has been said in countless threads the Bills are in need of serious help at WR, Safety and Interior D Line. Beyond that it’s going to be a crap shoot, with a significant dependence on Draft picks given their current Cap situation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.