Sunday’s Loss Was Just a Replay of the Win in KC

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree that our oline got outplayed. Even second half. I think both offensive lines neutralised both defensive lines. I don't buy that the whole team underperformed on Sunday and yet was 1 or max 2 plays from beating the Chiefs. Unless of course you believe on paper we are just a lot better than them and I don't think that. I think they are two very evenly matched teams. The last 4 matchups have gone right to the wire. We are 2-2 in those games. Sadly they won the 2 most important ones. We had chances in both but couldn't make a play. They had chances in both the regular season games too and couldn't make the play they needed.

Agree to disagree on the O-line, but I'll concede that they held up much better than the D-line.  And I think I came across more strongly than I intended to.  I wholeheartedly agree that the teams are evenly matched.  Regarding the bolded:  I don't purport to know anything definitively, but it feels like it's not a coincidence that they've won all 3 of the playoff matchups, including both of the close ones.  (I also don't think it's a fait accompli by any stretch - I 100% believe we would've won the 13 Seconds game in OT if we'd won the coin flip, and we could've stolen the win last week with a perfect final drive.)  Andy Reid seems to save his best stuff for the playoffs, and Mahomes has shown that he's basically never going to make a mistake against us in the playoffs.  There's a mental toughness there that our team sometimes has, but sometimes doesn't. 

I think the last 2 losses to KC somewhat came down to a bad luck component and good luck for KC.  Silly wind gust on Bass FG, dropped bombs, coin toss, D injuries, etc.. 

Also with KC’s tackles struggling this year and Last season the Cincinnati Oline being really injured… our top notch D-Line came up so small in two home Divisinal games.  Really disappointing.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think the last 2 losses to KC somewhat came down to a bad luck component and good luck for KC.  Silly wind gust on Bass FG, dropped bombs, coin toss, D injuries, etc.. 

Also with KC’s tackles struggling this year and Last season the Cincinnati Oline being really injured… our top notch D-Line came up so small in two home Divisinal games.  Really disappointing.

The D-line - I just don't get it. Oliver was incredible all year, and didn't seem to do anything this past Sunday.

It feels like every time we hit the playoffs since 13 seconds, "underperforming" is the theme.  It's discouraging.  

I really don't know at this point if we're ever gonna win one.  Even w/ a QB like Josh Allen.  

Edited by Success

On 1/25/2024 at 10:43 PM, billieve420 said:

I don’t understand why we don’t use Cook more on screens and dump offs as he is clearly our best player in space. Yet we can throw a million WR screens that are painful to watch.

It think it's because they wanted to use quick screens to get Diggs involved to get him going. If I have to watch him curl up in the fetal position after gaining three yards next year I think I 'm going to have to change the channel...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.