JPL runs hurry up extremely well...

I worked all weekend but I just read MM's comments on Bills Daily saying that the hurry up offense is something that JPL does very well, I love hearing that because to me it sounds that he's really getting comfortable with the playbook and also because I sorely miss the excitement of watching a fast striking, competent offense take the field only to be replaced by a punishing defense that doesn't allow teams to even catch their breath until midway through the 3rd quarter! :doh:

Man! I miss those early 90's. :lol:

The J-Gun would be awsome! However, realistically, i think it will be a year before that is really an option. As much as he is progressing, it seems hard to believe he can run a hurry up offense this year. Still though, its great news!

The J-Gun would be awsome!  However, realistically, i think it will be a year before that is really an option.  As much as he is progressing, it seems hard to believe he can run a hurry up offense this year.  Still though, its great news!

356762[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong! I realize that he is going to struggle early on, but yeah! That would be so cool to see the look on the DC for Houston on opening day, fully expecting a run-first, vanilla offense... then Whammo! JPL starts throwin' quick timing passes over the middle, runs up to the line and throws another and another.. I would bust a gut! :doh:

The K-gun, as I remember, was originally named after TE Keith McKellar, not Jim Kelly.

Yes but I think the original poster was suggesting the J-Gun was for Josh Reed :lol::lol::doh:

I worked all weekend but I just read MM's comments on Bills Daily saying that the hurry up offense is something that JPL does very well, I love hearing that because to me it sounds that he's really getting comfortable with the playbook and also because I sorely miss the excitement of watching a fast striking, competent offense take the field only to be replaced by a punishing defense that doesn't allow teams to even catch their breath until midway through the 3rd quarter! ;)

Man! I miss those early 90's. :huh:

356759[/snapback]

Our defense sucked in the 90's. That why we never won a super bowl. Can you remember the no punt game in San Francisco ?