The Ripoff Report 2023 Finale - Autopsy and Prognosis

On 1/22/2024 at 3:40 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

If you have a sure touchdown with less than two minutes to go, you take it.

What QB in the middle of a play sees a touchdown developing and thinks "Oh well our defense sucks so forget throwing to an open WR in the end zone, I'm going to just dink and dunk here to wind the clock down and hope there's another opportunity for a touchdown later"?

It doesn't work that way. To blame Allen for that is laughable.

The Brady patriots and the SB giants

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's not the way the cap works if you know what you are doing. Clearly you don't.

This team isn't good enough to win. They have no money to sign the players required to win because of their cap. They should take their medicine, stop restructuring players that are too old to be worth their cap hit and attack again in a couple years.

But please, explain how you see the team financing the additions needed. I'll wait.

57 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

This team isn't good enough to win. They have no money to sign the players required to win because of their cap. They should take their medicine, stop restructuring players that are too old to be worth their cap hit and attack again in a couple years.

But please, explain how you see the team financing the additions needed. I'll wait.

They have a lot of draft capital and despite what many think have gotten quite a few good players in it.

Going to get younger, but that doesn't necessarily mean worse 

Edited by Big Turk

My only disagreement would be Cook. Albeit a very good RB, superstars don't drop 4 tds in a season.  Cook still has alot of jugs work to do.  Agree with must do everything to retain Floyd, Jones & Dane. Also Ty Johnson as RB2.  Must be 2 WR's drafted in the 1st & 4th.

On 1/22/2024 at 8:12 AM, Dan Darragh said:

Not sure I agree on Williams.  Given that he was a highly touted 3rd round pick, how did he end up at #6 on the depth chart? (Milano, Bernard, Dodson, Klein and Spector ahead of him)

Apparently the coaches aren't impressed enough with him to prefer him to Klein who was on the couch, and who even several years ago was noticeably slower than molasses.  

Apparently the coaches have rarely been great evaluators of defensive responsibilities based on athleticism.  Klein guarding Kelce was as much a fail as Wallace on Travis 2 years ago.  It should've been Dorian playing man.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They have a lot of draft capital and despite what many think have gotten quite a few good players in it.

Going to get younger, but that doesn't necessarily mean worse 

Hey, if they hit on a ton of draft picks and keep winning, great.

But I don't want to see Diggs' contract get restructured, which is something that seems likely given Beane's history. And Beane absolutely should not be considering restructuring Miller or Knox. I would like to see Allen's dead cap come down too. Take care of the cap over the next two years and clear out the contracts that are weighing the team down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.