Today I Learned, Late 2023 Edition

Ridgewaycynic2013

For years we reflected on how difficult it was to get people to die in order, so that the obituaries were in alphabetical order.

Whatever service the digital Buffalo News is using now is doing a fine job screwing that up.  From what I can see, the list is now alphabetized based upon whichever name the AI determines is the last name.  In some cases it's correctly the last name, but there are many instances where it's using first names, middle initials, or even the deceased's professional title.

At least today the obits were online in a timely fashion.  A couple weeks in a row I actually fired off an email to the [BN]competent, asking when it was planning on posting the usual large Sunday listing.

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If I could pick one thing to B word about publicly……it wouldn’t be this. 

And I LOVE that the auto edit replaces my word with “B word”.  Awesome!

That's the reason I titled it as a 'Today I Learned'.  Was hoping to sail it under the radar as not so much a kvetching thread. 😁  I just hope the Buffalo News gets it straightened out before I drop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.