I may be addicted to Quizno's Subs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Quizno's. Being that I'm doing this low-carb (South Beach Diet) thing I get their salad with the BBQ sauce and roast beef. Damn is it good.... :w00t:

Oh, and I'm at 35 lbs lost and counting with South Beach... :w00t:

353634[/snapback]

Subway is much less expensive and much better quality, plus you can put whatever you want on your subs...you end up getting more for your money. At Quiznos you get what it says on the menu and anything else is extra cash. Plus you can toast your subs at Subway now.

Subway is much less expensive and much better quality, plus you can put whatever you want on your subs...you end up getting more for your money. At Quiznos you get what it says on the menu and anything else is extra cash. Plus you can toast your subs at Subway now.

353672[/snapback]

I like Subway too but I like a change of pace. Subway doesn't have many options to me.

Nobody can touch A&J Subs in Olean though. I'll be home for the 4th weekend and that's the first place I'm eating. :w00t:

353672[/snapback]

Better quality? I think not. Quiznos bread is significantly higher quality than Subway, as is their meat. That and economy of scale is why Subway is less expensive - basically the Walmart of sub chains.

The only reason Subway now toasts their subs is because Quiznos was kicking their ass.

Better quality?  I think not.  Quiznos bread is significantly higher quality than Subway, as is their meat.  That and economy of scale is why Subway is less expensive - basically the Walmart of sub chains.

The only reason Subway now toasts their subs is because Quiznos was kicking their ass.

353679[/snapback]

I like how Quizno's soaks the meat in the hot juices. I think I'm taking the wife and kids there for dinner tonight. I'm hungry and chows only been an hour and a half ago. :w00t:

353672[/snapback]

The Sub House in Hudson, WI (and a few other places in the Twin Cities) beats both of those places, hands down. Plus, they offer free delivery. :w00t: I don't think they're a chain though.

CW

Better quality?  I think not.  Quiznos bread is significantly higher quality than Subway, as is their meat.  That and economy of scale is why Subway is less expensive - basically the Walmart of sub chains.

353679[/snapback]

Quiznos is overrated and overpriced. Subway isn't great, but it isn't as ridiculously expensive as Quiznos.

I wish they had a Mr. Goodcents in the Baltimore area. I like their subs, and they were a lot cheap than both Quiznos and Subway.

Screw that. Dieting is for un-American Human-Hating liberals. Go eat a plate you kitty.

edited wait.  I have to add this  :w00t:  oops.

353680[/snapback]

It's not really a diet after the first two weeks. I just substitute brown carbs for refined white and it works. I'm eating as much or more than I did before just better choices. (I miss Italian bread though) :w00t: Although I can eat what I want now in moderation. :w00t:

I like how Quizno's soaks the meat in the hot juices. I think I'm taking the wife and kids there for dinner tonight. I'm hungry and chows only been an hour and a half ago.  :w00t:

353683[/snapback]

I met the guy that bought the local franchise here and he told me their overhead is significantly higher because of the quality of their ingredients. It's $1 a sandwich just for the bread.

It's not really a diet after the first two weeks. I just substitute brown carbs for refined white and it works. I'm eating as much or more than I did before just better choices. (I miss Italian bread though)  :w00t:  Although I can eat what I want now in moderation.  :w00t:

353694[/snapback]

I know. I did SB diet last year. It really works, as long as you don't go back on the carb pipe. I needed to lose 10 for a couple of running races last year. Now I'm much more cognizant of "white food".

No one can drop carbs for good, but awareness is a big step.

I know.  I did SB before. It really works, as long as you don't go back on the carb pipe.  I needed to lose 10 for a couple of running races last year. Now I'm much more cognizant of "white food".

353700[/snapback]

I like it because it's an EASY way to adjust your diet and drop weight without feeling deprived. The foods I eat are good and good for you.

Yes, but if you're bread-addicted, it's a pure hell, as is Atkins.

353706[/snapback]

Yeah. I started eating Nature's Own Wheat and Fiber. Stays very soft and is only 7 grams of carbs per slice. I never liked the grainy or wheat type breads but this is very good. It's as close to taste and texture wise to white bread I've found.

I like it because it's an EASY way to adjust your diet and drop weight without feeling deprived. The foods I eat are good and good for you.

353704[/snapback]

95% lean burgers on whole-wheat mini pita bread. The trick is finding whole-wheat mini pita bread. If you live near a Wegmans, its near the deli counter.

I like Subway too but I like a change of pace. Subway doesn't have many options to me.

Nobody can touch A&J Subs in Olean though. I'll be home for the 4th weekend and that's the first place I'm eating.  :w00t:

353678[/snapback]

Did you know that A&J's now has a place in Cleveland? 2004 Playmate of the Year, Carmella DeCesare is a frequent customer. They have also opened up a restaurant there. I'm good friends with the family.

Try the Chicken Wing Pizza.

Paying less and getting a smaller portion size, what a concept! Won't fly in this "super-size" e society. Oh wait! :w00t:

And something tells me Quiznos will be lessening the quality of their food once they gain even the tiniest blip of the market. That's the way it always works.

It's called "adapting." I'm sure if Subway continued to lose market share and DIDN'T start toasting their subs, you'd be criticizing them for NOT doing so. And I'd be willing to bet that the ass kicking will be going to other way now. The Quiznos that opened near me is dead compared to the Subway, and compared to when it first opened.

BTW I like both, even though I haven't had a toasted Subway sub yet.

I don't know about the other stores, but the one I go to gives you $1 off every time you bring in your previous receipt; which makes their prices reasonable. I'm definitely in the habit of hitting that up for dinner once a week.