ILLEGAL Immigration is Bad For America:"Undocumented Americans" are ILLEGAL ALIENS

BillsFanNC

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

On a serious note - I can't find the underlying poll questions/data.

If you dig into what Axios did give us, yes, the majority favor "mass deportations." But what does that mean? Does it mean rounding up people and sending them home without due process? Maybe not: 58% favor "increased pathways" for legal immigration. Would that include the spouse of a U.S. citizen who's here illegally? 65% say we should create new mechanisms for legal immigration so people don't have to enter illegally (not sure in what way this is different than the "legal pathways" question). 46% want to make sure people with legitimate asylum claims are protected, but how do we separate legitimate from illegitimate without due process (court hearings, etc)?

My takeaway: Americans largely agree that the current situation is chaotic and unsustainable. I agree too. But they are also fundamentally decent people who see a role for immigrants - an increased legal role - and protections for people claiming asylum. So that's how we got here. "Mass deportations while assessing each case on its merits" is really a contradiction in terms.

EDIT: I think I'd interpret it this way - "American people believe that those who are subject to deportation under the law should be expeditiously deported." Which is an indictment of Biden's policies, which by their own terms allow a lot of people who are here illegally and have no means of legalizing their status to stay here anyway.

Agree. My point in posting is to expose an idiot like roundybout that sees the border/immigration disaster as being about skin color and readily labeling those that think as you do, racists.

Mission accomplished. 

• Like (+1) 1

GMSvg5BWoAAtbnq?format=jpg&name=small

NYC hotel in trendy location quietly gets converted into migrant shelter

by Chris Donaldson

A hotel in a trendy area of New York City is the latest location being used to stuff full of Gotham’s new arrivals, having been converted into an emergency housing shelter for migrants. According to the New York Post, Mayor Eric Adams’ administration doled out a $12.3 million emergency contract to a nonprofit provider for running a “city sanctuary facility for families with children” located at 235 Meeker Avenue in the Williamsburg area, a popular Brooklyn location for dining and nightlife. The address is the same one for the Hotel Le Jolie which was converted into a temporary shelter for illegal aliens sometime last year.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/04/29/nyc-hotel-in-trendy-location-quietly-gets-converted-into-migrant-shelter-1455770/