My theory on how to fix the offense.

NewEra

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

He cost us the game against the Bengals with his critical fumble, playing carelessly. He’s young he’ll learn but definitely a rookie. 

1 fumble- 1 drop.   Ball security issues….. 

no

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Pete said:

some simple fixes Brady can make that immediately make offense better, now that Dorsey is gone.

No more shotgun running plays on 4th and 1.  Bills are one of best Tush Push teams, but instead they like to line up 6 yards deep to gain 1 yard.

More Josh under center.  Much more.

More play action.  Much more.

Stop bunching WRs on routes!  Space them!

More motion and eye candy.

More hurry up offense throughout the game.  We dictate the pace, not the D.

Be inventive.  Dorsey was the most predictable.

More intermediate and deep routes.  Has Gabe(Mr Drop) been sent deeper then 15 yards yet?

If our run game is working, don't abandon it.

Disclipine and Fundamentals.

I could go on.  I am no offensive coordinator- but all of the above is obvious to my amateur eye.

Dorsey was stale and throwing wrenches into gears.

Brady is walking into great situation IMO.  Dorsey F-ed up offense so bad, that it will be easy for Brady to do better.

Good Riddance Dorsey.  Go Brady!  Go Bills!

Great and very accurate list.  Now can you hurry up and email this to Joe.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He has been playing QB.  He has made some bad decisions on where to throw the ball.  But guys have not been open much with the routes and scheme we have been running.  Here is a telling stat.  Diggs yards per catch this year is 11.9!  That horrible.  He is supposed to be a top WR.  It needs to be up a lot closer to at least 15.  My point is we are running way too many routes near the line of scrimmage.  A football field is long and wide.  Guys need to be all over the place.  Kincaid's yards per catch is only 8.7.  Are you kidding me?  That's awful for a TE w this guys talent to get down the field.  Dorsey's scheme completely choked down the offense.  

Start running guys at least 10,15, 20+ yards down the field and things will open up.  Watch the highlights from the Lions-Chargers game.  Lions had guys running all over the field.  Both teams did for that matter.  

Stef Diggs: ypc

2020- 12.1

21- 11.9

22- 13.2

23-11.9

Davante adams career ypc is 12.5

He’s had 2 seasons with a ypc over 12.6.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

He cost us the game against the Bengals with his critical fumble, playing carelessly. He’s young he’ll learn but definitely a rookie. 

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

1 fumble- 1 drop.   Ball security issues….. 

no

You can disagree all you want.  You’re still wrong

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Or how about when Diggs is double teamed someone else beats their one on coverage and gets open?  Also helps to have playcalling that understands that.  

it' not about who is the first read it's about what the defense is running and how are you going to counter that with a play call.

There is a reason why hurry up has worked better for josh than anything else.  the playcalling sucked and this gives Josh more opportunity to find the read and if he is calling his own plays then great.

1 hour ago, kota said:

Or how about when Diggs is double teamed someone else beats their one on coverage and gets open?  Also helps to have playcalling that understands that.  

it' not about who is the first read it's about what the defense is running and how are you going to counter that with a play call.

There is a reason why hurry up has worked better for josh than anything else.  the playcalling sucked and this gives Josh more opportunity to find the read and if he is calling his own plays then great.

The point is- just feed the kid.  

23 hours ago, NewEra said:

Easy.  Make Kingcaid the first read on every pass play.  Followed by Diggs, Cook then Shakir.  We’d win the Super Bowl as long as 17 stays healthy.  

How about we line Diggs up everywhere to take advantage of mismatches. In the backfield. In the slot. I'd also like to see Gilliam more as a lead blocker for Cook. Trip defenses up by using Gilliam as a pass catcher as well from the FB position. Stop being so predictable. Everytime I saw Gabe Davis motion inside, I knew they were running the ball

On 11/15/2023 at 8:15 PM, NewEra said:

Easy.  Make Kingcaid the first read on every pass play.  Followed by Diggs, Cook then Shakir.  We’d win the Super Bowl as long as 17 stays healthy.  

I told you so.  Keep it up and we win our SB!

No Gabe Davis = win.

Kingcaid and Diggs were 1 and 2 in targets and catches. Cook was a beast.  Shakir actually making a play Gabe Davis never could’ve made. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.