No Wonder GOP Doesn't Want Votes Counted

Surprising silence on the board for the closest gubernatorial race in the history of the United States. The GOP brought in their big guns, their statistical experts and their theory of "fraud" that naturally focused only on one area of the state and not on other areas where their guy did ok...

Which resulted in nothing except the Court finding four MORE votes for the Democratic victor when it was discovered that of the handful of votes that could be proven fraudulent....4 for for the Repub and 1 for the Libertarian.

How sweet it is.

Small surprise that this morning when traffic was snarled due to a distraught man sitting on the 148th Street bridge I immediately thought of poor Dino Rossi, who can now go on the speaking circuit whining about the unfairness of it all.

Apparently he never heard that one is supposed to just "get over it."

:lol:

Surprising silence on the board for the closest gubernatorial race in the history of the United States.  The GOP brought in their big guns, their statistical experts and their theory of "fraud"  that naturally focused only on one area of the state and not on other areas where their guy did ok...

Which resulted in nothing except the Court finding four MORE votes for the Democratic victor when it was discovered that of the handful of votes that could be proven fraudulent....4 for for the Repub and 1 for the Libertarian.

How sweet it is.

Small surprise that this morning when traffic was snarled due to a distraught man sitting on the 148th Street bridge I immediately thought of poor Dino Rossi, who can now go on the speaking circuit whining about the unfairness of it all. 

:lol:

353215[/snapback]

Textbook definition of tangential thinking.

Now mind translating your incoherent ramblings for those of us with the "Not Crazy" badges on?

That made perfect sense to me.

But then, I AM mentally ill...  :w00t:

353234[/snapback]

Were you the guy on the bridge? :w00t:

Nice to see at least one person was waiting on pins and needles for the outcome of an election thousands of miles away from where most people on this board live. Apparently this person is under the delusion that Gov. of Washington is going to have a profound impact on all our lives. I guess those of us in Missouri will have to wait and see. :w00t::lol::lol:

Oh, I get it.  When the republicans do it they're frauds.  When the democrats do it the Supreme Court stole the election.

Just another non-difference between the two.  Whoopie.

353275[/snapback]

Gotta love the hypocrisy, huh?

Well, the ORIGINAL loser of that election did whine for three recounts.

Or did you miss that little factual nugget?

353316[/snapback]

Facts are irrelevant when you have an agenda.

:w00t:

353215[/snapback]

i am guessing you know this because after all of your whining you have only been told this a hundred times?

I THINK she's talking about the Gubernatorial race in Washington, but if she is I have no idea where she got those numbers from.

353220[/snapback]

Bingo, you are correct. I am surprised that this group which prides itself on being so well-informed :w00t: wasn't aware that this was going on. Closest guv. race ever and all.

I got the figures right out of the judge's ruling but you could find it on the web, probably seattlepi.com. Basically the GOP tried to get a "revote" on the basis of fraud which is the only reason here to overturn an election. They showed up with lists of felons who voted in Dem districts...Dems showed up with a felons who voted in GOP districts, the judge tossed them because who can tell who they voted for?

The GOP trotted out the cases of people who voted on behalf of dead people - those folks were examined and, woe to the GOP, those votes went for their guy (and the Libertarian). Since the judge could PROVE those, he subtracted them from the GOP count giving 4 more to the Dem.

Well, the ORIGINAL loser of that election did whine for three recounts.

Or did you miss that little factual nugget?

353316[/snapback]

Well, actually you are as usual misinformed. Just like in floriDUH, the LAW states that an automatic recount take place. They did the first recount, which dropped the margin of victory, thus triggering the second recount. The HAND recount is also covered under the law, again only available if the margin is small enough AND the PARTY REQUESTING THE RECOUNT PONY UP THE $$$$$ TO DO IT.

There was an option to ONLY recount CERTAIN areas, but Governor Gregoire told the party that unless ALL votes were counted statewide, she'd concede, because she didn't want to base a victory on only counting in heavily-Democratic areas.

And because the hand recount found that she'd indeed won, the State ended up having to foot the bill.

So chalk one up for the good guys. And get over it :w00t:

How does your disagreeing with her political leanings have anything to do with how she is as a mom?

353664[/snapback]

Because he can't beat be me a verbal duel so he resorts to personal attacks. The all do, including our beloved Moderator. It doesn't bother me, only makes them look like teeny, tiny, pathetic little people.

I bet they're fuming at what they perceive to be Howard Dean's personal attacks on the GOP, but they're no better.

How does your disagreeing with her political leanings have anything to do with how she is as a mom?

353664[/snapback]

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone's politics and having to read their nonsensical rants on a variety of subjects that they know nothing about. Seriously, how many people here even knew what the hell she was talking about when they first tried reading this thread?

Because he can't beat be me a verbal duel so he resorts to personal attacks.

353752[/snapback]

Yeah, that's it. No one here can stand toe-to-toe with you in a "verbal duel." :w00t:

You're the PPP board's version of the Arizona Cardinals. If you ever got anything right around here it was probably by accident and it happened so long ago that the rest of us forgot about it.

Nozzlenut seemed to like what you had to say though.