Thoughts on clock usage at the end of the game?

Einstein

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Don’t you want Denver to blow their TOs? You still have 2 downs to get 1 yard. Ideally you have your TOs so a basic math says you are in control. One tush push away from a TD. If it’s 3rd and goal from the 2 and 1:30 to play I trust Allen to get me one yard. Same logic I use with all you 13 second’s crybaby’s. We scored, great! Instead of kicking the PAT, go for 2. Play for the kill. 

Denver's two timeouts did not factor into the result of the game.  In fact, they kneeled the ball multiple times because they got in position to win the game with far too much time remaining, with the Bills actually using timeouts to stop the clock at the end.  This should inform your opinion on the mistake of foregoing the go-ahead touchdown on the 2nd and Goal from the 6 play with 2:00 remaining.

It is a different store were the game tied and you had a go-ahead score more or less in hand with a short field goal.  That was not the case here; the deficit was too large, the time remaining too great, and the opponents times-out too many.

2 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Denver's two timeouts did not factor into the result of the game.  In fact, they kneeled the ball multiple times because they got in position to win the game with far too much time remaining, with the Bills actually using timeouts to stop the clock at the end.  This should inform your opinion on the mistake of foregoing the go-ahead touchdown on the 2nd and Goal from the 6 play with 2:00 remaining.

It is a different store were the game tied and you had a go-ahead score more or less in hand with a short field goal.  That was not the case here; the deficit was too large, the time remaining too great, and the opponents times-out too many.

I would disagree. I like the idea of milking Denver’s TOs and forcing them to make a stop on 4th down. Suppose Allen slides at the 1’, Payton likely doesn’t call TO then we milk 3rd down play down to 1:15, basically play chicken with the self proclaimed GOAT coach. It takes balls to play chicken. 

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Taking the timeouts was utterly ridiculous, and I was screaming at the time. McD is way over his head. I have absolutely no idea what he thought he was accomplishing. Brain dead.

He wanted to make sure Denver had sufficient time between plays to plan how they were going to beat us.  Seriously though, I don't know what he was thinking.  Perhaps he thought he could save 10 seconds for his high-powered offense to get into FG range?

Edited by Nuncha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.