YouTube Vs Ad Blockers

T&C

Many of us use an ad blocker to cruise the internet... I honestly don't know how anyone could without one, I'll never turn it off. Seems YouTube has cracked down on them recently and made it nearly impossible to listen to albums, watch movies... videos, whatever, ... without the ads. 

I noticed it last week and have used up all of my 5 "freebies". I mainly just use it for music but for a few other things too. I use ABP (looks like a little red stop sign up top) and it updates itself, best one out there imo. With a few ideas I've "sort" of found a simple way around it... if there is any interest in this topic I'll go into what that exactly is.

Meanwhile, there is an excellent article that just came out within the last 24 hours that addresses this and gives ways around their "block".... and my ad blocker blocked 63 ads when reading through this article lol. 

https://www.androidauthority.com/youtube-ad-blocker-crackdown-growing-3380809/

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

I suspect it's only an issue if you "log in".  I use 2, ABU being one of them.  & don't have an issue.  I've stopped using my tv for Youtube as the commercials are too obtrusive & no means of eliminating them.

By "log in" do you mean just using the "browse as guest" at the bottom instead? I use Chromebooks and can just plunk one down wherever.. house/yard.. and listen to albums while I do whatever. Until this...

Edited by T&C

26 minutes ago, T&C said:

By "log in" do you mean just using the random person at the bottom instead? I use Chromebooks and can just plunk one down wherever.. house/yard.. and listen to albums while I do whatever. Until this...

I believe the "full" youtube experience involves having a "user account", so you can "like, subscribe, comment"
 on videos, etc.  I don't have a "user account", so I'm just a "visitor".  When I bring up the main page, at the top right, there's a button to "sign in".  Presumably, if you're "signed in" that's how they getcha w/ the ads.  I use Firefox w/ a couple Add-on ad blockers & thus far, I'm still immune to the ads, though I'm arguably missing out on some things by being able to comment or take note of favorite content providers.  Trying "signing out" & see if the ads persist.

39 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

I believe the "full" youtube experience involves having a "user account", so you can "like, subscribe, comment"
 on videos, etc.  I don't have a "user account", so I'm just a "visitor".  When I bring up the main page, at the top right, there's a button to "sign in".  Presumably, if you're "signed in" that's how they getcha w/ the ads.  I use Firefox w/ a couple Add-on ad blockers & thus far, I'm still immune to the ads, though I'm arguably missing out on some things by being able to comment or take note of favorite content providers.  Trying "signing out" & see if the ads persist.

I've never signed into anything... just have always gone to youtube.com for at least the last 10 years . I'm not concerned with commenting or liking.

Seeing as there is some interest in this... this is how I go around it. For albums... just find a site that has a music forum, it can be anywhere really. Type in what you want to hear and hit enter. The list on the right shows up. Click on what you want to hear. The black warning screen shows up. No problem... just cut and paste the addy at the top on the site that allows you to embed and there you go. Just go back to that site whenever you want to hear your stuff with no ads.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.