Weed laws in your area

Joe Ferguson forever

i always thought you were allowed to grow a few plants legally in ny, but they said this wasn't the case yet on a local radio show.  apparently they won't technically allow it until a certain number of months, (i don't recall the number or know if it's correct) after the legal dispensaries have opened.  This would allow them to sell product which has been sitting on shelves for about a year.  

that being said, it's very easy to buy.  they opened a pop up legal store by me in victor recently, but the service canterra will deliver any nys product to your home when scheduled.  i've used it twice and the drivers are great.  you just need to be home for a window of hours.

concerning use, i smell it all the time.  in my car, walking into wegmans.  my 5 year old son plays in a starter lacrosse team.  the other week we were outside watching them play, and it absolutely stunk like weed.  there was no one else around our group, no obvious smoke, or even people around who could have been smoking.  i have no idea where it was coming from.  as far as i know, the law right now states you can smoke weed anywhere you can smoke a cigarette, and i think they're trying to amend that .

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, teef said:

i always thought you were allowed to grow a few plants legally in ny, but they said this wasn't the case yet on a local radio show.  apparently they won't technically allow it until a certain number of months, (i don't recall the number or know if it's correct) after the legal dispensaries have opened.  This would allow them to sell product which has been sitting on shelves for about a year.  

that being said, it's very easy to buy.  they opened a pop up legal store by me in victor recently, but the service canterra will deliver any nys product to your home when scheduled.  i've used it twice and the drivers are great.  you just need to be home for a window of hours.

concerning use, i smell it all the time.  in my car, walking into wegmans.  my 5 year old son plays in a starter lacrosse team.  the other week we were outside watching them play, and it absolutely stunk like weed.  there was no one else around our group, no obvious smoke, or even people around who could have been smoking.  i have no idea where it was coming from.  as far as i know, the law right now states you can smoke weed anywhere you can smoke a cigarette, and i think they're trying to amend that .

I'm not educated on this topic, but dam, I smell it all the time in parking lots.  I wonder how it impacts driver's reaction times.  Also - I was amazed how many places were selling it on the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation.  Seemed like you couldn't go 100 yards without signs out with people selling dope out of a house or a little shack.  

35 minutes ago, Irv said:

I'm not educated on this topic, but dam, I smell it all the time in parking lots.  I wonder how it impacts driver's reaction times.  Also - I was amazed how many places were selling it on the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation.  Seemed like you couldn't go 100 yards without signs out with people selling dope out of a house or a little shack.  

i think i smell it the most while i'm in the car...driving!

the reservations have been the wild west for weed for a while now.  they've had stock for years, but most of what they sell tends to be garbage.  there are a number of stores in the area that sell product, and as long as they're not obnoxious about it, they're completely left alone.  i can buy eddibles and vape pens at a cigar shop right down the street from me, and the legal dispensaries are just beginning to open.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i think i smell it the most while i'm in the car...driving!

the reservations have been the wild west for weed for a while now.  they've had stock for years, but most of what they sell tends to be garbage.  there are a number of stores in the area that sell product, and as long as they're not obnoxious about it, they're completely left alone.  i can buy eddibles and vape pens at a cigar shop right down the street from me, and the legal dispensaries are just beginning to open.  

My town (Rochester suburb) had this thing where you would buy "stickers" and then they gave you the product in trade for the stickers.  I went in there the other day asking if they had any topical, I could use to reduce the pain from a torn knee meniscus.  They looked at me like I had four heads.  Maybe I looked too much like the law.  

22 minutes ago, Irv said:

My town (Rochester suburb) had this thing where you would buy "stickers" and then they gave you the product in trade for the stickers.  I went in there the other day asking if they had any topical, I could use to reduce the pain from a torn knee meniscus.  They looked at me like I had four heads.  Maybe I looked too much like the law.  

lol!  i tried a place in henrietta that a number of people i know get their product from.  same reaction...they wanted nothing to do with me.   topicals maybe be harder to find unless you go to a legit store.  try fingerlakes in victor...https://flxcannaco.com/, or go order from the delivery site: https://canterra.co/.  both are 100% legal and dependable.  i just looked at canterra for topicals, and they had 7 to choose from, ranging from 70-30 bucks.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Your Irv avatar looked vaguely distrustworthy; capable of walking the thin line between good and evil.

Your Clip avatar makes you look like a narc.  Well, maybe the cop at the donut shop counter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.