Here's what SI's Peter King thinks of the AFC

marck

Here is what Peter King had to write about his AFC picks prior to training camp:

Here's how I see the rest of the AFC playing out seven weeks before we get a sniff of training camp:

Division champs: New England, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, San Diego.

Wild Cards: Indianapolis, Buffalo.

AFC Championship Game, at Foxboro Jan. 22: New England 19, San Diego 6.

Lets see what you all think?

We're doomed...this guy has picked us to do well every year recently.

Like most prognisticators, he picks the standings from the previous year and throws in one curveball so that the predictions aren't total chalk; kind of like picking three #1 seeds in the Final 4 and somebody else at random. I think he made a bad choice - Jacksonville looks like a 3rd place team in the South to me.

I think the Steelers will come down to earth and be overtaken by Baltimore. Possibly the Chargers as well, although I don't like anybody else in the West.

He does it here because this is where the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, the Midwest League Class A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, play in a nice little venue called Fox Cities Stadium.

The Timber Rattlers used to be the Appleton Foxes back in the mid-90s. A-Rod used to play for them and I was able to watch him play a couple of games there when Mariner fans were drooling about how good he was supposed to be (I was on a Mariner mailing list at the time). I went to the games and he absolutely sucked. In two games, he had 1 hit, a handful of strikeouts, and a bunch of regular outs. He didn't do anything outstanding in the field either... I did get a couple of autographed posters though. :lol:

When I got back, I posted that to the mailing list about how bad he was and that maybe people had their hopes up too high. Two weeks later he was called up to Seattle, and we all know the story from there.

I guess I'm a crappy baseball scout. :lol:

:lol:

CW

WTH ????

352147[/snapback]

See, there was a link to an article that talked about a softball game that Brett Favre was hosting. The Timber Rattlers play there. They used to be the Foxes. :lol:

CW