TNF. Sorry, is CHI/WSH worth a thread?

stevestojan

5 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They dared him to chuck it and he did quite a bit.  He missed a lot of other open throws too.  

Daniel Jones regression has been a pretty swift fall.  I feel like to win with this guy you need - a solid RB, great offensive line, and multiple playmakers.  At that point you could probably put sam howell in and get the same results.  

He didn't have much to regress from, honestly. He threw for only 15 TD's last year.

He has never been very good. Giving him that big contract was unfathomable. They should have let him walk.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

This game turned out differently than expected.  One thing that stood out was the lousy play of Tremaine Edmunds.  Shades of Jairus Byrd, a Bills safety who had a big year with the Bills in 2014, then signed a huge FA contract with the Saints, where he completely underperformed.  Edmunds did what he was supposed to do with the Bills, occupying space in the middle of the defense, and then he signed a huge FA contract with the Bears.  I watched him last night, avoiding collisions until he could clean up a tackle a teammate made.  He had an egregious missed tackle on a Commanders' receiver, and just whiffed and did nothing to try to catch up with the guy he missed.  After watching the Bills defense hustling at all times this year, it was a shocking difference.  

Whether or not he was a contributor to the Bills defensive success remains a question we can debate, but Edmunds and his massive contract are now contributing to the Bears defensive struggles.  Looks like he got paid and now he's happy to be a passenger instead of a driver on the new team's defense.

I could not agree with you more Utah.  I watched Edmonds the entire second half.  He is terrible.  Does nothing.  Just floats around in the middle of the field.  I give him 2 years at most w the Bears.  Heck, I could see him on the bench by the latter part of the season.  The guy is not long for the NFL.  Bills did right letting him go.  Bernard is a much better player.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.