3 minutes and 41 seconds beatdown on this Washington team.

PrimeTime101

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

The defensive holding was legit. Phillips (I think) held the olineman so Bernard could get in unscathed. They should have shown a better replay on the broadcast.

The fumble they called forward progress. It makes sense.

The Kincaid one was certainly not a penalty, though.

Calling forward progress on that play makes no sense at all. 

It's easily one of the worst 'forward progress' decisions I've ever seen. The entire tackle was completed in under 1 second. 

In fact the tackle was so quick the only question on the play was if it was a catch and fumble, or just an incompletion as the WR didn't complete the process of a catch. 

The refs didn't want the play to be reviewed and threw out 'forward progress' as a bull ***** excuse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Calling forward progress on that play makes no sense at all. 

It's easily one of the worst 'forward progress' decisions I've ever seen. The entire tackle was completed in under 1 second. 

In fact the tackle was so quick the only question on the play was if it was a catch and fumble, or just an incompletion as the WR didn't complete the process of a catch. 

The refs didn't want the play to be reviewed and threw out 'forward progress' as a bull ***** excuse. 

They didn’t want the play reviewed because they blew the whistle with the ball still loose in the field. 

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They didn’t want the play reviewed because they blew the whistle with the ball still loose in the field. 

Yup, they wanted to avoid having egg on their face from a quick whistle taking a Bills TD off the board. 

I think the play probably would've been ruled an incomplete pass after review, but calling it forward progress was egregiously wrong. 

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they got the touchback wrong. Tre did try to get up which maybe they thought meant he was seeking to advance the ball. I thought he was down by contact in any event. The receiver's foot flicked against him as he came down with the ball.

I agree 100% on the touchback as well.  I was very disappointed the Bills dint challenge that Tre was down and touched in the endzone.  That was brutal field position and definitely worth the challenge imo.

3 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Last week's game featured a bunch of weird officiating decisions like this.  The phantom tripping call on Kincaid, the missed fumble recovery, the call for defensive holding on a play where the RB ran directly into the pile, and so on.  Each of those was NBD as an isolated one-off, but it felt like literally every contestable call went Washington's way for the entire freaking game.  

I can see that White rolled out of the end zone, but the interception obviously occurred in the EZ and White is obviously giving himself up.  We all see plays like that all the time, and probably 90% of them are ruled as touchbacks.    

I was listening to the Washington feed on Sirius on radio (big mistake, terrible homers) when the Kincaid tripping call, it was so egregious they were laughing about it and urged the Commanders to quick run a play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.