Watch: Otter steals $125K worth of fish from hotel ponds

Punching Bag

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/watch-otter-steals-koi-fish-hotel-ponds

An opportunistic otter has helped itself to a whopping $124,652 worth of koi carp from ponds at a luxury hotel and spa in the UK.

The thief remains on the loose, according to the hotel. They haven't said what will happen to the otter if and when it's caught. 

I had a koi named "Jaws" big enough by itself to fill almost entire length of a large 40 gallon fish tank.  I think it would have given the otter a fight.

• Like (+1) 1

I used to do pizza delivery as a side job and I have seen dozens of homes with fish ponds on their front lawns and every one of them had a strong fencing covering the pond to prevent raccoons and other wildlife from getting to the fish. If you have 125 thousand dollars worth of fish you'd thing the hotel managers would know to do the same.

• Like (+1) 1

After my stroke, I worked at the Erie County Botanical gardens. After  the rebuild of one of the greenhouses, they installed  a Koi pond.  One of my tasks before we opened in the AM was to feed the koi. Now they do it  after opening so that the school groups  can watch the fish being fed.  Must have done a good jobs we never found ny dead floating fish. Started with 8 or so and 3 years later, we had about 20.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.