Thoughts on Anthony Richardson?

Lost

On 8/13/2023 at 6:09 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

He’s the guy I would have taken #1, just as I would have taken Herbert, and even Trey Lance a few years ago. Huge upside with Richardson but he is raw. To me if you are taking a shot on a QB early in the draft you swing for the fences. Yeah there is a good chance you strike out, but why settle for a game manager? In terms of his understanding of the game, apparently he knocked that stuff out of the park. They don’t do the wonderlic anymore, but according to reports, Richardson crushed the new tests. I would probably let Minshew start the first 4-8 games, but I think Richardson will be, by far, the best QB out of this draft. 

There's "athletic" and then there's "freak of nature athlete." Richardson looks like he's in the latter camp. To me it looks like his floor is going to be a Justin Fields 2022 type, able to at least win some games solely based on that athleticism. In other words, not a bust. Whether he can make it to the next level and actually become a polished QB like Allen is a different question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.