What would you do to this punk?

Typical Liberal is a bit harsh... i think the military would have waged war on the 50% of the country that are liberal out there if they were all like that. That being said, i think the guy is a jerk that wants attention... i doubt that he has any followers... just wants the attention that AD says he craves.

Typical liberal.

http://www.forsakethetroops.net/

348584[/snapback]

That Jerk was on Hannity and Combs (spelling?) on Fox News.

The first time I ever saw them both tear into a guest.

Shaun looked so mad, i thought he would slug him if he could.

That guy who does the site is about a 140 pounds soaking wet.

Since he was a national TV,everbody knows what he looks like.

I hope somebody gives him what he was coming.

He looked like one of those skiiny little punks you see working at a record store who's response to everything is a wise crack.

Typical liberal.

http://www.forsakethetroops.net/

348584[/snapback]

Typical Liberal - you are kidding - right - what does this have to do with being a Liberal - you need to wake up - how many of the chicken-hawks running this country now did everything they did (albeit legal) to avoid military service during their younger years and continue to do things not in the favor of the troops - like sending them to iraq without the proper armor - troops trying to equip their humvees with scrap metal for protection is an atrocity in a war that was elective, where we chose the time to attack. LIBERALS have been at the helm of more American military victories than any other group if we must look at it that way. Conservatives don't love this country ANY more than Liberals - in fact, if you are concerned

Typical Liberal - you are kidding - right - what does this have to do with being a Liberal - you need to wake up - how many of the chicken-hawks running this country now did everything they did (albeit legal) to avoid military service during their younger years and continue to do things not in the favor of the troops - like sending them to iraq without the proper armor - troops trying to equip their humvees with scrap metal for protection is an atrocity in a war that was elective, where we chose the time to attack.  LIBERALS have been at the helm of more American military victories than any other group if we must look at it that way.  Conservatives don't love this country ANY more than Liberals - in fact, if you are concerned

350472[/snapback]

Ladies and gentleman, please stop watching the evening news.

continue to do things not in the favor of the troops - like sending them to iraq without the proper armor -

350472[/snapback]

All my friends in the 82nd airborne and 75th ranger regiment had body armor. The news media loves to interview troops in support units. They break down and cry because they don't have the latest and greatest grunt gear. Don't believe everything you hear on the news...

So what, exactly, is proper armor?

Yeah...they should have used sandbags, like they traditionally have.  <_<

350779[/snapback]

I assume from your trite remarks that you don't have loved ones or kids over there - that is part of the problem with this war and Vietnam - part of the population fights and dies in it, the other part gets to pontificate over it.....all who believe in this war should strap on some gear and get their asses to iraq with a quickness.

All my friends in the 82nd airborne and 75th ranger regiment had body armor.  The news media loves to interview troops in support units.  They break down and cry because they don't have the latest and greatest grunt gear.  Don't believe everything you hear on the news...

350659[/snapback]

I don't remember hearing or reading that any troops were totally without armor - what I have been made to understand is that they don't ALL have the best that money can buy - aren't support troops very often put in harm's way? Haven't some of them dealth with safety issues by using scrap metal to help equip their vehicles?

Don't tell me you are going to feed into this, please...

This is stupid enough to be obviously an alter-ego from one of us.

If not, probably about 13 years old. Maybe.

Or, maybe Debbie cranked up again.

Hard to tell.

I'll settle for idiot.

I assume from your trite remarks that you don't have loved ones or kids over there - that is part of the problem with this war and Vietnam - part of the population fights and dies in it, the other part gets to pontificate over it.....all who believe in this war should strap on some gear and get their asses to iraq with a quickness.

351329[/snapback]

I assume from your trite remarks that you don't have the first clue about anything even remotely concerned with fighting a war... <_<

I don't remember hearing or reading that any troops were totally without armor - what I have been made to understand is that they don't ALL have the best that money can buy - aren't support troops very often put in harm's way?  Haven't some of them dealth with safety issues by using scrap metal to help equip their vehicles?

351331[/snapback]

Support/maintenance units are considered to be in the combat theater. However they are usually a good distance from the fighting. Do the Jessica Lynch's of the military need to have an m4 rifle, pac-4 laser, and 7 bravo night vision? Absolutely not.

My company had one hummer assigned to it. It was so old, it had bullet holes from Panama in it. But it made it through Panama, Haiti, Kosovo, and Afghanistan without having any armor on it.

351329[/snapback]

Correction: all who DON'T believe in this war should get all geared up and over there.

Correction: all who DON'T believe in this war should get all geared up and over there.

351856[/snapback]

If they don't believe in it, why would they go over there to fight in it?

I wouldn't do anything to him. Just wouldn't bother with his website. He's got a right to his views, I would be curious to see if he had the gonads to voice them at some young blowed up kids funeral in front of his parents, though.

Not saying they WOULD, but they SHOULD.

351890[/snapback]

Again, why SHOULD they? They didn't want the war in the first place. If I were there, the last thing I would want would be someone who is pissed off at the war guarding my back.

Again, why SHOULD they? They didn't want the war in the first place. If I were there, the last thing I would want would be someone who is pissed off at the war guarding my back.

351896[/snapback]

Good point, that.

But you'd ahve to think that a bond of survival would outweigh any political passion.

Good point, that.

But you'd ahve to think that a bond of survival would outweigh any political passion.

351899[/snapback]

Considering people light themselves on fire and suicide to make a point, not to mention bomb buildings and do other hideous things becuase of their passion, its quite a possible thing.

Considering people light themselves on fire and suicide to make a point, not to mention bomb buildings and do other hideous things becuase of their passion, its quite a possible thing.

351963[/snapback]

Their passion isn't POLITICAL, it's RELIGIOUS.

Two entirely different animals.

351966[/snapback]

Most of the cases are actually a combination of the two. Oppression by the government against their religion, stuff like that. There have been, however, people lighting themselves on fire in protest to police brutality, people willing to die in protestto government actions, Gandhi fasting due to a language not being made a national language (I think it was a Gandhi, it might have been someone else, I get my South Asian history mixed up).

If you are passionate enough, and crazy enough to do this in a religion, you'd be crazy enough to do it in protest to Government actions, especially after you've seen killing yourself.

Passion is a funny thing - it breeds in a person until there is no stopping it, even overcoming the most basic of instincts.

Course, I can't say I've ever fought in a war, so I could just be talking out my ass. I'm only going off of relevant examples that I know of.

351966[/snapback]

Actually, it's both, derived from Arab nationalism through the Afghan mujahaddin and Pakistani Islamic politics to the terrorist groups we see today.

Hell, Joe, you should know better than that. Virtually every major religion has been indistinguishable from geopolitics at some point in history. Christianity, Islam, Judaism...even Buddhism. "Not political, but religious" is by FAR the exception rather than the rule; usually they go hand in hand.

Most of the cases are actually a combination of the two.  Oppression by the government against their religion, stuff like that.  There have been, however, people lighting themselves on fire in protest to police brutality, people willing to die in protestto government actions, Gandhi fasting due to a language not being made a national language (I think it was a Gandhi, it might have been someone else, I get my South Asian history mixed up).

If you are passionate enough, and crazy enough to do this in a religion, you'd be crazy enough to do it in protest to Government actions, especially after you've seen killing yourself.

Passion is a funny thing - it breeds in a person until there is no stopping it, even overcoming the most basic of instincts.

Course, I can't say I've ever fought in a war, so I could just be talking out my ass.  I'm only going off of relevant examples that I know of.

351979[/snapback]

If you notice, most of the terrorists of the pre-Islamist era contented themselves in setting bombs and blowing them up from a distance. These religious whack-jobs want to die to fulfill some perverse religious requirement for endless eternal booty.