Bills/Chiefs week 6 on NFL ntwk right now

What's crazy is how quickly the mainstream sports media has dumped us and basically written us off as also-rans.  I was at the gym this morning and one of the ESPN talk shows (I think "Get Up") were discussing the question of who, besides the Bengals, could disrupt the Chiefs' "dynasty" and win a Super Bowl.  I think there were four dudes on the panel and not one of them picked the Bills.  I recall one picking the Chargers and another picking Miami.  I mean, those two teams have the potential to be very good, but they are clearly still well behind the Bills as of last season, and we've only appeared to improve and get healthy during the offseason.  Such is the power of our complete no-show against the Bengals to end the season in shaping public perception.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

What's crazy is how quickly the mainstream sports media has dumped us and basically written us off as also-rans.  I was at the gym this morning and one of the ESPN talk shows (I think "Get Up") were discussing the question of who, besides the Bengals, could disrupt the Chiefs' "dynasty" and win a Super Bowl.  I think there were four dudes on the panel and not one of them picked the Bills.  I recall one picking the Chargers and another picking Miami.  I mean, those two teams have the potential to be very good, but they are clearly still well behind the Bills as of last season, and we've only appeared to improve and get healthy during the offseason.  Such is the power of our complete no-show against the Bengals to end the season in shaping public perception.

Or, you can look at it as a general observer and notice that Miami had a good season. They lost their starting QB for 3 games, still made the playoffs without their starting QB which was the 4th game overall he missed, barely lost to us by 3 points, and have had a great offseason gaining one of the best CB's in the NFL and a few good offensive players. They are no joke. The Jets have the offensive and defensive ROY, a stud RB coming back after injury, Rogers at QB, some added veteran receivers. It's gonna be tough man.... I love the Bills but it sure is going to be a tough season.

Beaner made good moves but we will see...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.