OT Two New Bills Fans

April 2, 2205

Thomas Paul was delivered 4/2 at 11:24AM weighing in at 3lbs.,5oz.

Nathan Gordon was delivered 4/2 at 11:25AM weighing in at 3lbs.

While the boys are in the NICU at Brigham and Women's in Boston, they seem to be doing better than expected for babies delivered at 7 months. They are having trouble breathing on their own and won't be able to nurse on their for a little while...

Thomas came home last Monday, and Nathan came come on Friday! I would have posted something out sooner, but time has been very limited. ;-) Thomas is a rather vocal little boy who wants what he wants when he wants it, but luckily Nate is a little more patient. I won't speculate about who takes after who... My wife's parents are here, thankfully, as four people on two babies seems much better odds than two on two. They are both doing very well and had their first appointment with their pediatrician this morning. Yes, Sunday morning. :)

We had thought they might share a bassinette but they are just too big, so we are using bassinette and a cute basket. However, Tommy thinks he sleeps in a certain queen sized bed... Did I mention something about Tom letting us know when he wants something?

One thing that we are finding is that while these guys are newborn sized, they are not newborns. Mentally they aren't eight week olds, but they learned a lot more than most babies at the hospital do. They both really need stuff to look at...

So, after eight weeks, this will be the last of these types of updates for a while. Oh, here are the pertinants from this morning's office visit:

Thomas: 7lbs, 3oz. 20in long

Nathan: 6lbs, 8oz. 18.75in long

By the way, they we due June 2. Can you picture carrying 13lbs, 11oz.? :lol:

Well, since these are our first, I can't imagine only one! :lol:

There, just changed the avatar and personal pic...

From what I have heard, once they get a little older, it is easier because they have a playmate there all the time. Until then.... :)

I would have posted something out sooner, but time has been very limited.  ;-) 

347603[/snapback]

Get used to it, from now on time will be very limited. We have twins and it is really an experience watching them grow up. One of the best parts was watching them alternate on who does what first. Sometimes it was like one of them was waiting for the other to catch up and then go past.

Make sure you have a good digital camera. :)

Well, since these are our first, I can't imagine only one! :doh:

There, just changed the avatar and personal pic...

From what I have heard, once they get a little older, it is easier because they have a playmate there all the time.  Until then....  :doh:

347606[/snapback]

AWESOME avatar! God Bless. :blink: