Robby Gordon: Patrick advantage unfair

JoeF

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robby Gordon won't try to pull his double race this year at Indy and Charlotte.  The race times have changed--making this more difficult--but he's also afraid of getting beat by a girl....she weighs less--and that's an unfair advantage???? Come on Robby--come up with something better than that...

Robby's a load, Danica's petite

347251[/snapback]

I'm pulling for Danica. She's got good equipment, she's a good driver. Young, but that is not the same as it was 20 years ago. I have been a racing fan since the '60s. She's got a good chance, but Indy is known for $13.00 parts ruining a race. It's also obvious that she has more pressure on her than any of the other 32 drivers. If she can pull it off, my Kudos to her and Rahal. It's the 21st Century, folks. The Unsers, Andrettis, Foyts are gone. It's the "Great American Race". She's the only American with a chance of winning. Go for it, good luck.

Robby Gordon won't try to pull his double race this year at Indy and Charlotte.  The race times have changed--making this more difficult--but he's also afraid of getting beat by a girl....she weighs less--and that's an unfair advantage???? Come on Robby--come up with something better than that...

Robby's a load, Danica's petite

347251[/snapback]

She's too light, our season is doomed! Oh wait, we're talking NASCAR...

I think Danica's performance at Indy will answer the question, "Is racing a sport?" If she does well, the answer will be no. What other TRUE sport exist that a women can compete and excel against men?

I think Danica's performance at Indy will answer the question, "Is racing a sport?"  If she does well, the answer will be no.  What other TRUE sport exist that a women can compete and excel against men?

347301[/snapback]

Mud wrestling

Someone should tell Robby Gordon that his fellow Nascar driver Mark Martin (my apologies to Mark; its an insult to mention him in the same sentence with Robby Gordon) weighs about 130lbs. Why isn't Robby complaining about that?

Hmm, could someone be afraid of getting beat by a girl?

I think Danica's performance at Indy will answer the question, "Is racing a sport?"  If she does well, the answer will be no.  What other TRUE sport exist that a women can compete and excel against men?

347301[/snapback]

There are two sports where women are much superior to men. Care to guess? Scroll down for the answer-

Ultramarathons

rockclimbing

There are two sports where women are much superior to men.  Care to guess?  Scroll down for the answer-

Ultramarathons

rockclimbing

347327[/snapback]

oh yeah! well, they're no match for us in the "Write your name in the snow" challange

There are two sports where women are much superior to men.  Care to guess?  Scroll down for the answer-

Ultramarathons

rockclimbing

347327[/snapback]

you are wrong about women and ultras. people have used the superior ability of women to metabolize fat (a critical source of energy for races longer than 20 miles) during sub-maximal exersize to justify that claim...but you don't burn fat for an entire 50 or 100 or even the 135 mile badwater ultra...you burn fat and carbs simultaneously, and in an ultra you consume a ton of carbs to make up for what your muscles are incapable of storing.

in the meantime, the superior heart size and muscular strength of men would make them better over the longer distance too.

so if men are better, why did pam reed win the overall title at the badwater ultra??

not to be disrespectful, because she is a fantastic athlete, but the truth is, no really good runners do ultras. the best runners in the world of both genders are doing what they have been doing forever: running marathons, world cross-country, and the olympic 5k and 10k- because that is where the only opportunities to make running your full-time job exist. maybe pam reed has earned enough notoriety by winning the badwater to be a pro runner, but the next man who beats her sure won't.

ultras are still little more than a curiousity in the world of elite distance running. i promise you that if the badwater ultramarathon paid as much to win as the london marathon, it would also be won by an african man.

p.s...robby gordon's an ass. danica is at a disadvantage because even though she's built very very strong, she doesn't have the muscle to resist the g-forces that the ment do. as i type this she's running around in the top 15, and while i hope she does well (i don't care who wins), don't be surprised if she puts it in the wall sometime in the final 1/4th of the race. driver fatigue is always an issue at indy.

p.s...robby gordon's an ass.  danica is at a disadvantage because even though she's built very very strong, she doesn't have the muscle to resist the g-forces that the ment do.  as i type this she's running around in the top 15, and while i hope she does well (i don't care who wins), don't be surprised if she puts it in the wall sometime in the final 1/4th of the race.  driver fatigue is always an issue at indy.

347479[/snapback]

She's in 9th right now, still on the lead lap.

wow she really looks awesome...aside from the fact that she lost 10 spots by stalling it in the pits, she still is in complete control of the car. it's not often you get tagged in the left rear at 200+ without losing it.