Carjacking attempt failure due to a manual transmission

\GoBillsInDallas/

I taught my son... Has the, got him the 2014 Cooper S 9 years ago when the new bigger style Cooper came out...  Still going strong.  The nice thing is, nobody else could drive it when he went to school. 

6 speed with rev-matching. Really cool feature. Has hill assist. On a hill, you got 2 seconds to get from the brake to the clutch before rolling backwards.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Already posted 😂😂

Ooops! 😆 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've only had automatics as well.  I figured it out in about 30 minutes when my friend took me to a parking lot....but never got on the road.  That was the last time and it  was 20 years ago.  No one I know drives a manual because traffic is so bad in Atlanta and it's a bword constantly shifting. 

Many years ago, I had a manual transmission car and visited Atlanta for a convention.  The convention was downtown and my left leg got a 

great workout.  Took the shuttle the second day.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, teef said:

my mom made fun of me for not being able to drive a manual.  we never had a car that wasn't automatic, so i just never learned.  i bought a roadster years ago and figured that would be my entry point, but they couldn't find a manual in the style i wanted.  i had no choice but to get the automatic with the paddle shifters, (which are useless).

I’ve never understood paddle shifters. Waste of technology. Who uses them?

as for the OP, if you are carjacking you probably are not a Mensa member. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I’ve never understood paddle shifters. Waste of technology. Who uses them?

as for the OP, if you are carjacking you probably are not a Mensa member. 

As automatics progressed, they are quicker and more efficient than manuals, especially off-roading. I think the paddle shifters just make it "clutchless"... Well at least with your left foot. So you can take the RPMs up and shift when you want to. 

Rev matching when you downshift is pretty cool. 

BUT... Manuals better when fording through water... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.