Who would you rather have....during his prime....Edmunds or London Fletcher?

TC in St. Louis

15 hours ago, nosejob said:

Didn't Klein make a TFL for on a 4th and 2 to stop Detroit and seal the game for us..IIRC a couple of weeks after coming back?

I believe you are right.  But I think it was with the game tied, and we then took over.  And Josh threw that dart down the seem to Diggs to set up the winning FG as time expired.  Regardless Klein is solid.  May not be super athletic.  But has great instincts on where the play is going.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/12/2023 at 11:23 AM, Bob in STL said:

What?  Great data even though you skipped Fletcher, after him the cupboard was bare until Edmonds.  

Jacobs, Haslett, Nelson, Conlan, Fletcher and Edmonds were all very good. 

I liked Fletcher, don't think he ever was on a team that won a playoff game, which was my key for this exercise.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:58 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

Let some other ***** team with lots of cap space pay Edmonds.  We aren't winning big time with guys like that.  And as for A J Klein, anyone who can play for at least 10 years in the NFL, and be a solid player on several teams is more than the scrub you think he is.  My son is eligible for the draft this year.  Plays OLB/edge rusher.  I would be ecstatic if he has a career like A J Klein.  Tough smart and show up every day as a leader.  And make plays when called upon.  Thats a professional.  

Agree completely on that. When Klein was not asked to fill in but they had defenses adapted for his skill set he played very well.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/12/bills-lb-aj-klein-named-afc-defensive-player-of-the-week.html

Klein was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week after he recorded 14 tackles (10 solo), three tackles for a loss, one pass breakup, and 1.5 sacks in the Bills’ 27-17 win against the Los Angeles Chargers last Sunday.

Klein was much-maligned early in the season as he was called into action to help fill in for Milano and even Tremaine Edmunds when he was injured in September. He has played primarily at middle linebacker throughout his career, so getting comfortable in the outside “will” linebacker roll took some time.

Klein could have been the AFC Defensive Player of the Week three weeks ago when he had his breakout game against the Seattle Seahawks, recording 2.0 sacks, four quarterback hits, one forced fumble, and a fumble recovery.

I'd be happy as Klein as starter in defense giving draft picks chance to spin up to whatever new "more aggressive" Bills defense is established.  Edmunds was a captain because he was starting wide LB but Klein would be captain because he understands defenses.

Klein’s teammates have raved about what he brings to the huddle and the locker room. Bills safety Micah Hyde said this week that he’s one of the smartest players on the defense and like a coach out on the field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.