Something very different: who we really are. šŸ˜„

Italian Bills

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Where in CT? Ā Did you ever sail in Essex? Ā Frostbite races is some of the best sailors. Ā Or do you know Essex sailors? Ever do Soundings?

Iā€™ve done a little sailing, but I lived awhile in Essex. Ā That is such a sailing down Iā€™m a sailor by osmosis lol

Go Bills!

We are out of the Shennecossett yacht club in Groton Ct, have not sailed over at Essex, mostly Fishers island sound and out towards Block island and Newport, šŸ‘

Born in Germany, came to the states as postdoc in 1990 to the University of Rochester. Did not understand American football initially, but then got hooked on football and the Bills. Now I am 68 and still working as university faculty, doing research, teaching, and administration. Just got some NIH funding and will continue for few more years.

Born in Buffalo in 1960, within a month of the Bills.

Ā 

I'm a retired software engineer. I've lived in Colorado for more than 30 years. I'm retired and spend much of my time climbing mountains and rocks.

Ā 

In the early 90s I was the first person to climb a 300' high rock tower in Utah's Canyonlands National Park. As the first ascensionist of that peak I got to name it. Since then it's been called Bruce Smith Tower. (Climbers also name the specific line of ascent; the route we took up the tower is called Sack Dance; it was the era of "bad things, man".)

On 2/8/2023 at 1:40 AM, Italian Bills said:

Hello my dears Bills friends.

Ā 

Season over, weā€™ve been year for five months talking about football, the Bills and all the things related on them.Ā 
Ā 

After the Cincy game we started talking about what went wrong, the reasons of our elimination and after those first days after that game, the threads are all about the FA, draft, what to do to improve the roster, prediction on the 2023-2024 season, about Beane,McD, Dorsey, Frazier, the new stadium, etc.Ā 
Ā 

I know many here will make fun of me about this thread, itā€™s okā€¦ but i wanted to talk about something different. Who we really are ?Ā 
Ā 

Maybe not friends in the right meaning of the word, but sure we are friends thanks to the Bills. So letā€™s say who we really are in normal life, if you donā€™t mind, of course. šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Me: iā€™m Giulio, 52 next sept, iā€™m 5ā€™9ā€ tall and around 160lbs, live in north Italy, very close to Swisse, married with two little kids, 8 and 3, both girlsā€¦ so my football days are all alone šŸ˜„ (fortunately).Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m an insurance agent and i played soccer for almost 35 years, now i ski (since i was 10), I cycling and and of course love to watch many other sports, nba and baseball also.Ā 
Ā 

Ohh.. i was forgetting this: i really love good food.. but how I couldnā€™t ? Iā€™m italian. šŸ˜

Ā 

We can start knowing each other a little bitā€¦ also if i know that some of you are close friends already, in life and not only here.

Hey Paizan,

Ā 

I hope you had a nice week. Ā I promised when not going bananas with work I would respond, especially for a true blue Bills fan like you.

Ā 

Iā€™ve hit the 50 mark, have three wonderful children, Ian- 24, Ryan- 21, and Lauren- 19. Ā All are in college and working. Ā MyĀ oldest in finance, middle in PT, and youngest in culinary school following their hearts and minds.

Ā 

I was a licensed psychotherapist for awhile in the 90ā€™s with the masters, post grad hrs and supervision for three years. Ā Converted to Pharma, med device, biotech and mgmt for 10 of the 20 years. Ā I loved football playing, then coaching, wrestling, and then a national level Powerlifter for 16 years. Ā It was fun as I had the deadlift national record for a couple of years, but that was a very long time ago. Ā 
Ā 

Now, Iā€™m just a divorced guy for a few years, have a nice girlfriend, lift 6 days a week and enjoy church most sundays.

Ā 

My Irish catholic dad is still kicking at 92 as Iā€™m a whoops with my siblings much older. Ā My eldest works for the Sabres. Ā My other just retired as a director for the Wegmans.

Ā 

My dad goes to church 6 days a week and loves his Bills and Sabres. Ā We can always pm each other for more or call me as I left you my Cel.

Ā 

Good topic brother as Iā€™m going to sift through as Iā€™d like to read through some of these profiles. Ā Chandler is up in max so he and I talked off line about catching a game this year in O-Town (Orlando) so maybe next year. Ā I know thereā€™s a few of us here in Florida so maybe if other central Florida guys read this msg, we can coordinate off line a sports pub in Orlando for a 1pm Sunday game. Ā Iā€™m sure we can find a Bills backers bar in Orlando as itā€™s halfway between Tampa and Jax.

Ā 

paizan, youā€™re a good dude and you love our mutual team. Ā Thatā€™s all all of us ex buffalonians can ask from somebody not from Buffalo. Ā Im glad you chose us!

Ā 

youā€™re mafia now. Ā Whenever you want to show your Italian friends mafia, just show some of the YouTube clips of us. Ā Theyā€™ll think we are nuts (and we are and wouldnā€™t have it any other way)

Ā 

IveĀ loved the Bills and thatā€™s never changing and I mean ever! Ā I bleed red, white, and Royal blue.

Ā 

Gi Bills!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.