Air Force One Just Landed

I have to leave in about ten minutes to take my youngest daughter (Pebbles) to the airport. She is going to Florida for vacation.

I just hope I do not get blocked by the motorcade or Secret Service. :doh:

Her plane is scheduled to leave at the same time that AF1 leaves!

I will report back if anything of interest happens! :w00t:

Yum - I wonder which one he ordered? :doh:

I'll bet Rock is still stuck in traffic.  :)

343481[/snapback]

He actually was treated to the only better then a garbage plate, the Dinosaur.

(I know that's blasphmy around here but I'll take my chances.) :w00t:

He actually was treated to the only better then a garbage plate, the Dinosaur.

(I know that's blasphmy around here but I'll take my chances.)  <_<

343486[/snapback]

That's nowhere near TX BBQ.

Withdrawal symptoms Deb??

343639[/snapback]

Yeah, you can't get good BBQ or Mexican up here. Eating out isn't as big in Seattle as it is in Dallas. Which is probably why Seattle ranked #1 fittest city whle Dallas was ranked one of the fattest...still, when we do go out it would be nice to have options. Good thing I love seafood, you can get that almost everywhere!

Yum - I wonder which one he ordered? <_<

I'll bet Rock is still stuck in traffic.  :lol:

343481[/snapback]

Based on my recommendation, King George ordered the R. Rich special (cheeseburger, red hot combo plate with everything AND extra sauce).

I had great timing. Got there an hour after AF1 arrived and got out fast. They tried to get everyone on Pebbles' plane quickly and take off at noon but could not make it. They were both 12:30 scheduled, so guess who had to wait?

I am not used to seeing 747's at Rochacha International; made our air busses look like puddle jumpers. :(

Got home last night and had an email from my mom, sent in the morning, yammering on about the usual stuff then saying "I have to run now, we're meeting to go protest against Bush"....

Good old mom.

Just saw it take off over downtown Roch, an amazing sight.

343416[/snapback]

Your post reminded me of the first time I saw it. It was sans President and they were doing touch-and-go's every afternoon one summer - and as I worked outside at the time, I saw it A LOT. I don't know what power plant it uses, but AF1 has some serious power, more so than your standard commercial jetliner. I noticed its rapid elevation at relatively slow air speeds and then very quickly rolling into a bank. It was relatively nimble considering it was essentially a jetliner.

But the first time I saw it, it hit me like a sailor's retirement ceremony - a unique symbol of something much bigger than myself - It gave me reason to pause.

I don't know what power plant it uses, but AF1 has some serious power, more so than your standard commercial jetliner.  I noticed its rapid elevation at relatively slow air speeds and then very quickly rolling into a bank.  It was relatively nimble considering it was essentially a jetliner.

Tex Johnson would do a barrel roll in it. He was the test pilot who barrel-rolled the 707 prototype for a demonstration. Initially suspended/fired for the stunt, Boeing found they got a lot of publicity for it, and reinstated him with the understanding he would never do it again. Click here to download a 2.85MB video of it. "I was called to Mr. Allen's office Monday morning, and Mr. Allen asked me what I thought I was doing, and I said 'Well, I was selling airplanes."

Tex Johnson would do a barrel roll in it. He was the test pilot who barrel-rolled the 707 prototype for a demonstration. Initially suspended/fired for the stunt, Boeing found they got a lot of publicity for it, and reinstated him with the understanding he would never do it again. Click here to download a 2.85MB video of it. "I was called to Mr. Allen's office Monday morning, and Mr. Allen asked me what I thought I was doing, and I said 'Well, I was selling airplanes."

345780[/snapback]

Now that, is definitely cool.