Serious Superstition Question/Poll: I Need Your Help

Gugny

Should I Keep the Original Bottle or Get a New One?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Keep the Original Bottle or Get a New One?

I was actually going to do an exorcism using this scripture ... https://exorcismus.org/deliverance-prayer/.

But ... I am a Christian man ... but I am NOT a religious man, even though I am an ordained minister.

I didn't want to mock anyone/anything who/that could make my life miserable, so I decided against it at the last minute.

So ... with my girlfriend in attendance, I opened the bottle ... stood over the sink, and simply said, "Lord, cast the evil from this bottle and rid this house and the world of whatever caused the Bills to lose last year's game after holding the lead with 13 seconds ... Amen."

This was about 5 minutes prior to kickoff today.  I had a brand new bottle of champagne that I bought about 30 minutes prior to kickoff and I didn't put it in the refrigerator until the cursed bottle was gone.

Clearly, the evil in the old bottle tried to persevere ... but the Bills were too strong.

We can finally put this behind us.

• Like (+1) 1

You typically throw out the old bottle after a loss, why didn’t you throw out this bottle after the KC loss? It seems like the superstition routine has been broken. I’m just curious, even though we now know what happened. It should have been immediately given a proper burial following the KC loss. You’re lucky it didn’t curse the Miami game. 

Edited by SirAndrew

On 1/16/2023 at 8:33 AM, SirAndrew said:

You typically throw out the old bottle after a loss, why didn’t you throw out this bottle after the KC loss? It seems like the superstition routine has been broken. I’m just curious, even though we now know what happened. It should have been immediately given a proper burial following the KC loss. You’re lucky it didn’t curse the Miami game. 

Yeah, I learned my lesson. 

After the KC game, my girlfriend was the one who suggested I keep it; said we could use it for another occasion.  I couldn't bring myself to open it, though.  So it sat in my fridge for a year.

Getting the Miami win behind us was crucial.  

The demons are gone.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.