Military Question

Camcorders weren't invented yet. 8mm cameras that could record a couple minutes of pictures on a reel were commonly used back then. Many Americans had them. My family still has old film of family picnics. Alot of the soldiers took them to Vietnam to record their experiences. I wouldn't expect that someone would be thinking of using it when they are in an active firefight or when they get wounded. All the tape you see of Kerry were taken by others and given to him.

Camcorders weren't invented yet.  8mm cameras that could record a couple minutes of pictures on a reel were commonly used back then.  Many Americans had them.  My family still has old film of family picnics.  Alot of the soldiers took them to Vietnam to record their experiences.  I wouldn't expect that someone would be thinking of using it when they are in an active firefight or when they get wounded.  All the tape you see of Kerry were taken by others and given to him.

25426[/snapback]

I had understood the camera was his. But I did not know that. So the story about the re-enactment was with someone elses camera. O.K.

Some of the film may have been taken with his camera, but obviously someone else would have to take it, just as he would run a buddies camera for someone else. The film of Kerry just shows him walking around anyhow, so I don't see what there would be to reenact. I've only seen a few seconds of it ever shown on tv, and there's no action sequences.

But they were in color so they MUST be forgeries.  After all, everyone knows color wasn't invented until the 1970s.

25815[/snapback]

My original question, though somewhat facetious, had a sincere point. If there were cameras there, why no film documentation of the three, count em, three purple heart wounds. I think we can all draw our own conclusions. Because they wern't that serious and there was nothing to see, is mine. Even if they were a legitimate ticket home. If you want to carry on about when the color typerwriter or whatever was invented, I doubt many will take your word on it. Maybe there's a lemming board somewhere that you can go swim in.

Because they wern't that serious and there was nothing to see, is mine.

Are you under the impression that there was a camera crew following Kerry around? Why would anyone take film of their wounds? If he did so his detractors would be saying he joined and got injured to advance his political career. There was one wacko on Hardball a couple of weeks ago that was even speculating without proof that he shot himself to create the wounds. Who ever heard of someone deliberately filming their combat wounds?

Are you under the impression that there was a camera crew following Kerry around?  Why would anyone take film of their wounds?  If he did so his detractors would be saying he joined and got injured to advance his political career.  There was one wacko on Hardball a couple of weeks ago that was even speculating without proof that he shot himself to create the wounds.  Who ever heard of someone deliberately filming their combat wounds?

26019[/snapback]

More good reasons.

Were Camcorders standard issue for Lts. in Nam?  And if Kerry had one for documentation purposes, could he have used it to record his purple heart injuries?

25402[/snapback]

Yeah, nothing better than reliving wounds later in life. Kerry: "Hey, anybody around here want to get me bleeding on film. Thanks." That makes sense.

Some of the questions asked here are so unbelievably stupid that the word just isn't strong enough.

Yeah, nothing better than reliving wounds later in life.  Kerry: "Hey, anybody around here want to get me bleeding on film.  Thanks."  That makes sense.

Some of the questions asked here are so unbelievably stupid that the word just isn't strong enough.

26044[/snapback]

Just proving what happens when you ask a stupid question.

Yeah, nothing better than reliving wounds later in life.  Kerry: "Hey, anybody around here want to get me bleeding on film.  Thanks."  That makes sense.

26044[/snapback]

There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people who ask questions. :)

All the tape you see of Kerry were taken by others and given to him.

not true at all. He had a camera and took lots of footage. Had others take footage of him recreating the time when he chased down the guy and shot him. The reason you don't see the footage is because it is kerry's and they are smart enough not to release it. The Boston Globe made light of the 8mm tapes a few years back and said along the lines "you can't help but imagine kerry had kennedy like presidential aspirations as he was running around vietname take movies of himself"