Need Advice - Finally Getting To A Game

stlbills13

I'm from the St Louis area and never really got much into the Rams. I was 10 when they won the Super Bowl and cared because everyone at school did but I always liked the Bills more. My Bills fandom grew even larger when we drafted Allen because my family vacationed in Wyoming every year growing up and went to a handful of Wyoming games. Once the Rams left, I was able to convince most of my family to hop on with the Bills. Long-time reader but don't post very often.

My wife and I have been wanting to go to a game for a few years now but we had to pass in 2020 due to covid and then had our 2nd child last year. But my parents both just retired and promised to cover flight, lodging, and tickets to the first Bills home playoff game this year (assuming that happens). 

So just looking for advice on where to stay, where to eat, what to do, etc. Obviously don't know if that game will be on a Saturday or Sunday but the plan is to have a full day in Buffalo before the game and leave in the morning the day after the game. I know this doesn't necessarily fit with most Bills fans but we aren't big tailgaters so looking for good restaurants/bars, other things to do, etc. We will probably check out the tailgate scene just for the experience but won't be the focus of the trip. 

All advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. 

The stadium is in Orchard Park, about 15 minutes south of downtown Buffalo. There are hotels in OP and the surrounding areas if you wanna be close to the stadium. Of course there are plenty of places downtown to stay and that's where the nightlife and stuff is at. Chippewa and that whole section. I've actually only hung around out there like twice. I'm a bumpkin raised in Chautauqua county but now living the high life here in Slackawanna.

I'm sure others can suggest better places to stay and eat but if you like Puerto Rican food, hit up the Niagara Cafe on Niagara St for the best pastelillos around. 

Edited by blacklabel

I went to the Jets game this past weekend. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency - $170+. Had wings at Gabriel’s Gate after the game. It’s a twenty minute walk from the hotel. They don’t take reservations, so expect a wait. There are a lot of options for food. There is a bus that runs to/from the stadium for $5 each way. The pickup is at the bus station, a ten minute walk from the hotel. Go Bills!

I just got back from the Jets game - stayed near the airport and it was something like $120/night for a Hampton Inn.  You might consider booking hotels now even though there is no idea of when a game might occur - book one for each of the first two playoff weekends and cancel the one you don't use - otherwise you may end up way outside of town. 

We drove to the game so not sure what to advise there.  If you want a real Buffalo food experience then make sure you have a Ted's hot dog, a beef on weck and wings (I'm partial to Duff's but would imagine there are many many good places to get wings).  

Have fun and remember to layer up!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.