Bills Mafia piece on The Today Show this morning.

Draconator

15 hours ago, Marvin said:

I have an ex-GF whom I bought a jersey for when we were dating.  One day in 1992, she called me at 3am from San Jose.  I have never forgotten this conversation...

Her: What is it with you people from Buffalo?

Me: What the hell are you talking about?

Her: I went to a bar to see a band with my boyfriend and I wore that jersey you bought me.  HE has to pay the $10 cover.  I got in for free and got my first drink on the house.  All the TVs had a Buffalo Sabres game on.  People around the bar were cheering.  Even those who came to see the band.

Me: Oh, that's a Buffalo Bar.  It's where expatriates go on game day.  If you go by it in the fall, on Sunday mornings, I bet you will see a party at the bar during the Bills game.

Her: I can't believe you're saying that many people from Buffalo are as into sports like you are.

Me: Most, I should think.  We're a loyal bunch.

Her: You meant fanatical right?

Me: That too.

Expected you to ask for the Jersey back

I've done bowling ball shots  in SF, Oakland,San Diego, and phoenix besides Buffalo. Pinto Kenny takes it on the road. In Oakland Ken was offering Raider fans shots. We had no problems.

Edited by Wacka

31 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Expected you to ask for the Jersey back

Nah.  I gave it to her as a birthday present because she liked the shade of blue.

10 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Lol.  Too funny.  She deserves the ex status 

She had a real odds-beater.  She said at the time that I was the only BF she ever had who was a sports fan.  I always suspected that some if not most of her other exes lied about their sports interest.  For that matter, I think I still am the most religious of her exes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.