The Idiot Kicker Vanderjagt...

Foxboro Mike

FOXBORO, Mass. -- So confident was Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt that he would make a tying, 48-yard field goal with 24 seconds remaining in Thursday night's league opener against the Patriots at Gillette Stadium -- and why wouldn't he be; he had only connected on a league-record 42 in a row -- that he turned toward the Patriots' sideline before setting up for the kick and rubbed a few of his fingers together.

For those who don't speak sign language, that's universal for "money."

I hate it when bad things happen to cocky SOBs. :unsure:

So how much is it costing to have James on the Patsie payroll? Fumble on the one...are you kidding me?

You guys are good, but you can't deny you also aren't some of the luckiest SOBs too...

25251[/snapback]

This is the third year in the last 4 they'll be "lucky", according to outsiders. :w00t:

May it continue.

I wasn't aware that the ability to force turnovers was dependent only on "luck". :unsure:

This is the third year in the last 4 they'll be "lucky", according to outsiders.  :w00t:

May it continue.

I wasn't aware that the ability to force turnovers was dependent only on "luck".  :unsure:

25261[/snapback]

Not a chance Mike. The last two SB wins for the Pats came after losing the opener....now that's out the window.

I wasn't aware that the ability to force turnovers was dependent only on "luck".  :unsure:

25261[/snapback]

It's either luck or a payoff when the opposing RB is holding the rock like a loaf of bread one yard from the goaline. I hope there's a clause in Edge's contract allowing Indy to dock his next check for that stupid stevestojan.

This is the third year in the last 4 they'll be "lucky", according to outsiders.  :D

May it continue.

25261[/snapback]

Not sure how much that fumble was "forced". James had the ball out and not tucked. You can't duck your head and go full force with the ball out and not expect to lose it. :w00t:

Not a chance Mike. The last two SB wins for the Pats came after losing the opener....now that's out the window.

25263[/snapback]

My friends and I were discussing that last night. In each of the 4 years the Pats of gone to the SB, they've gotten off to very slow starts.

I have to steal it here: We're D-O-O-M-E-D!!! :unsure:

Peyton looked pretty PO'd when he missed it.  You can only imagine what was going through his mind.  Definitely had to be more intense than just "idiot kicker"!

25272[/snapback]

If the idiot QB hadn't taken a truly Bledsoe-esque sack, it would have been a 38-yarder instead of a 48-yarder.

Tin Manning is quickly approaching "Cerebral" status. :unsure:

Peyton looked pretty PO'd when he missed it.  You can only imagine what was going through his mind.  Definitely had to be more intense than just "idiot kicker"!

25272[/snapback]

Peyton can jump, skip, and go fug himself for taking that 15yd sack with the game on the line if he wants to blame anybody but himself. He goes to the well way after it's gone dry in changing plays at the line too.

If the idiot QB hadn't taken a truly Bledsoe-esque sack, it would have been a 38-yarder instead of a 48-yarder. 

Tin Manning is quickly approaching "Cerebral" status.  :unsure:

25276[/snapback]

Hey that moniker is trademrked for Dreeeew!

How many golly gee willikers and ahhh shucks did Peyton say last night?

Peyton can jump, skip, and go fug himself for taking that 15yd sack with the game on the line if he wants to blame anybody but himself. He goes to the well way after it's gone dry in changing plays at the line too.

25281[/snapback]

Would that kick have been good from 38?

Once Madden and Michaels started talking about how Vanderjagt had this huge streak going, I knew he would miss that kick. The Colts choked last night, sure you can blame Vanderjagt for missing that kick, but turnovers in the red zone, especially Edgerrin James doing his best Earnest Byner impression is what did them in.