No huddle offense: could it be something to think about ?

Italian Bills

Just now, Italian Bills said:

We do have that phrase here ( Italy ) also, but as others here said, in single right circumstances it could become another weapon to use. 

It's possible, but I would be hesitant to put the defense in a position where they're on the field more than necessary because the offense isn't using up any clock.

One reason it might be worth running is that they're not getting a lot of opportunities to run their 2:00 offense. Going no huddle could artificially create some of those opportunities to go hurry-up and practice it for situations where it might be beneficial in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

It's possible, but I would be hesitant to put the defense in a position where they're on the field more than necessary because the offense isn't using up any clock.

One reason it might be worth running is that they're not getting a lot of opportunities to run their 2:00 offense. Going no huddle could artificially create some of those opportunities to go hurry-up and practice it for situations where it might be beneficial in the future.

Good point. Anyway i’m very happy for the way we’re playing beside all the injuries we have… a ton of. 

I was just curious to know others opinion about it. 

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

There are cave drawings of him swabbing the decks, I believe. I could be wrong, history clearly  isn’t my thing, despite being alive for so much of it. 

OK, great win and I’m a bit giddy. I like it when we are sitting starters late vs me biting my nails and making the neighbors wonder if the authorities should be summoned. 

Well, we do have Gasparilla where the Pirates invade Tampa every February.  Arrgghh Matie, and no Augie, no one will throw me beads from the pirate ship for lifting my top.  They actually throw me beads when I put my shirt down.  😇😏🏈🤼‍♂️🏋️♀️🤪😂

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

I was wondering if using sometimes the NHO could be a good idea or not. 

We have a great offense but not perfect because our poor running game, so maybe have another option could improve it. 

Or maybe do you think it's something that wouldn’t work at all?

I definitely see the offensive talent to run a no-huddle  but, at this time, why??? Until other teams figure out how to consistently defend against our O, no need to feature it. Having said that, I do believe we would excell at it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.