Bills special teams

Pete

On 8/28/2022 at 8:50 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team is obsessed with ST. There has never been a time where kickoffs/Kick returns were less important. They are literally getting phased out of the league for safety reasons. You can basically just kick every ball out of the end zone. Punts are hardly any different. Most of the time it’s fair caught or a penalty is called. There are so few active game day roster spots available and we constantly overvalue STs guy. I’m not saying completely ignore it but it’s nowhere near as important as offense or defense. Especially in this day and age. The only guys on the roster that should be strictly ST are the K/P/LS. We constantly make guys that can help us score inactive (in favor of ST) And the worst part about it is, we aren’t even that good on ST. If it was an elite unit that was helping us win games, fine.

Except for last years playoff loss…. But that was coaching. Coverage teams do matter. If you looked at the preseason they did a lot of kicking only 3 yards deep in the corner of the end zone. They want teams to start < 25 yard line. 

50 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Except for last years playoff loss…. But that was coaching. Coverage teams do matter. If you looked at the preseason they did a lot of kicking only 3 yards deep in the corner of the end zone. They want teams to start < 25 yard line. 

I know what happened and it’s easy to say it was a mistake….I would have kicked it out of the end zone. You have 13 seconds. You are the number 1 defense in football….Make a stop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.