US Hockey Team...

Spun

Of course we tanked - we don't even have professional hockey in this country.

334941[/snapback]

What do you mean by this? was it sarcasm? I know there is a lockout right now but the NHL is the highest level of pro hockey and the USA has the most franchises.

What do you mean by this? was it sarcasm? I know there is a lockout right now but the NHL is the highest level of pro hockey and the USA has the most franchises.

334947[/snapback]

:wub:

I was making fun of the fact that the NHL basically doesn't exist any more.

Too many shots on goal eventually lead to 3rd Period collapse.

http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/rec...hwc?&artId=2162

334911[/snapback]

They lost in a shootout, with only one czech player scoring during the shootout. Team USA was outshot badly but 2 goals on 53 shots is a hell of a ball game for Dipietro. Some of those so called snipers should have stepped up and I'm sure the "next generation" yound Defensemen learned a thing or 2 from Jagr and friends.

If you dont think there is hockey, try checking out either the AHL or ECHL playoffs going on right now and I'm sure you'll find both lots of fans and even more excitement.

Playoff hockey is the one thing in sports I love more then the Bills.

Rumor (good source) has it that when the NHL resumes, goalie gear is going to change exponentially. 10 inch max leg pads, form fitting lycra uniforms, etc. Shootouts will decide regular season games (not playoffs) and there is talk of various other rule changes as well.

Oh, and that ridiculous looking goal has been scrapped.

335071[/snapback]

I could not agree more with this statement. I love the Bills, but there is nothing like playoff hockey. Its the best damn playoffs ever! Man, I really miss it right now!!

335071[/snapback]

I could not agree more with this statement. I love the Bills, but there is nothing like playoff hockey. Its the best damn playoffs ever! Man, I really miss it right now!!

335105[/snapback]

You must be a Canadian, because only a Canadian would think that Hockey is remotely as exciting as football.....and I love hockey.

Rumor (good source) has it that when the NHL resumes, goalie gear is going to change exponentially.  10 inch max leg pads, form fitting lycra uniforms, etc.  Shootouts will decide regular season games (not playoffs) and there is talk of various other rule changes as well.

Oh, and that ridiculous looking goal has been scrapped.

335098[/snapback]

The new 'form-fitting' Spider-Man-esque uniforms are beyond rumor at this point. I think they have all but been confirmed. Sounds exciting and frightening at the same time.

They lost in a shootout, with only one czech player scoring during the shootout. Team USA was outshot badly but 2 goals on 53 shots is a hell of a ball game for Dipietro. Some of those so called snipers should have stepped up and I'm sure the "next generation" yound Defensemen learned a thing or 2 from Jagr and friends.

If you dont think there is hockey, try checking out either the AHL or ECHL playoffs going on right now and I'm sure you'll find both lots of fans and even more excitement.

335071[/snapback]

The US lost their entire lead in the 3rd. Unfortunately that is a tank. Dipietro was awesome. Knowing that the US put together a team of very young players I did not think they would do as well as they did.

The Memorial Cup is also starting up which is a good chance to follow Sidney Crosby.

Canada and the Czechs are in the tourney's final:

http://live82.ihwc.net/english/

You must be a Canadian, because only a Canadian would think that Hockey is remotely as exciting as football.....and I love hockey.

335114[/snapback]

Nope, an American from Buffalo NY. Hockey is better than Football. A much faster game and it takes 3.5 hrs to watch a football game due to all the $^%#**!((*@&$ commercials!!

Czech Republic wins it all. I didn't see the Czech vs USA game, but it seems the USA played them a better game than Canada did.

336981[/snapback]

I never could find a US source for the game. By comparing the shots on goal in the US / Czech (27 - 53) and Canada / Czech (26 - 29) games the later seemed more competitive. Initially, I was disappointed because the US lost their entire lead in the 3rd period and ultimately lost the game in the shootout by 3 - 2. But after the final result of the championship game, the effort by the US team can now be viewed as a team of young, lesser knowns almost beating the champions. DiPietro's effort against the Czechs certainly was incredible. With the tournament being decided, DiPietro's performance now seems mind boggling!

Canada / Czech summary:

http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/rec...hwc?&artId=2193

Now, I suppose, all that is left is the AHL playoffs and the Memorial Cup. Last year, I taped the last five games of the Stanley Cup Finals between Tampa Bay and Calgary. I will rewatch those games in the first week of June. I mean, it is all that they left us with.

Memorial Cup:

http://www.londonknights.com/memorial/memorial_cup.asp

I never could find a US source for the game.  By comparing the shots on goal in the US / Czech (27 - 53) and Canada / Czech  (26 - 29) games the later seemed more competitive.  Initially, I was disappointed because the US lost their entire lead in the 3rd period and ultimately lost the game in the shootout by 3 - 2.  But after the final result of the championship game, the effort by the US team can now be viewed as a team of young, lesser knowns almost beating the champions.  DiPietro's effort against the Czechs certainly was incredible.  With the tournament being decided, DiPietro's performance now seems mind boggling!

If the lack of TV coverage ever comes up again, the games could have been watched on the internet here. It cost $9.99 for the final Czech/Canada game. Not bad video quality. I just watched it on my pc but you could watch it on your tv if you have the right equipment. Not that it was worth it. The Czechs played thier usual boring trap/ clutch and grab crap style and the game was boring as hell. Such a dead ass game for a final.