Could OJ Howard be on the trade block?

Inigo Montoya

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

If they trade Howard and Knox gets hurt, who do you start at TE or do you just forget about that part of your offense ?

Jake Kumerow.

He was used in plays where they needed a blocker down field where most teams would have used a TE.

For in line blocking use an extra lineman like they have done last 2 years.

Frankly both were roles which had been done by Lee Smith but he had wanted to play near home and Bills obviously did not want to trade him to Tennesse so Atlanta was a good alternate.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2022 at 8:23 AM, machine gun kelly said:

It’s possible Inigo, and it would save us I think Sal said about $2 mil., but Howard showed why we picked him up in that contested TD catch.  It’s possible he stays for exactly that purpose.  If Knox gets hurt, they’ll want Boward as insurance more than Morris.

Well find out in two weeks.

TRADE?  Nobody came after him but the Bills.  Just a veteran looking for a home.

3 hours ago, SBbeliever said:

TRADE?  Nobody came after him but the Bills.  Just a veteran looking for a home.

I don't think we know that no one wanted Howard but the Bills. 

I don't think they handed out a $3.25M fully guaranteed contract to a guy with no other suitors.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.