Possible supplimental draft pick

Manuel Wright - DL - Player

USC defensive tackle Manuel Wright has declared for the NFL supplemental draft.

He would have been a starter next season, but was going to be ruled academically ineligible. It's uncertain how high a pick Wright will be, but it sounds like he'll be drafted as a late round pick at best.

Might be a good choice to use one of next years 5th or 6th rounders to bring this guy in.

He would have been a starter next season, but was going to be ruled academically ineligible. It's uncertain how high a pick Wright will be, but it sounds like he'll be drafted as a late round pick at best.

Might be a good choice to use one of next years 5th or 6th rounders to bring this guy in.

334609[/snapback]

Any more info on him?

334609[/snapback]

I think I remember saying something about this. I could be wrong though....

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=24040

334609[/snapback]

Considering we may receive some draft compensation for losing Jennings and Pat Williams next April, that may not be a bad gamble if they actually see something on film. Low risk.

Manuel Wright......would have been S.C.'s best lineman this year.

Definitely a top 3 offensive lineman in the country. Bills should pull the trigger.

How does the supplemental draft work anyways?

Do they go off this year's order?

Manuel Wright

334618[/snapback]

I love Wright's USC webpage bio:

"2005: The dominating Wright likely could at defensive tackle as a junior in 2005. He'll sit out 2005 spring drills to concentrate on his academics."

Could what??? Maybe the webmaster should think about a few remedial english classes as well! :wub:

If he's too stupid to finish school, we don't need him anyway, (See Dexter Manly)

Jeff

334642[/snapback]

Yeah it'd be TERRIBLE if he turned into as good of a player as Manley was :wub: Seriously, I don't think becoming academically ineligible at USC automatically means that the guy is a rock head.

Manuel Wright......would have been S.C.'s best lineman this year.

Definitely a top 3 offensive lineman in the country.  Bills should pull the trigger.

How does the supplemental draft work anyways? 

Do they go off this year's order?

334923[/snapback]

Unlike the traditional April NFL Draft, the draft order will be determined by a lottery and will be conducted via email. The supplemental draft is done by e-mail. Each NFL team will have the option of making a selection or passing on making a selection. If an NFL team opts to make a selection, it forfeits a corresponding draft pick in next April’s draft.

Per FF Mastermind.com

I do not know who if any one Pete Carrol is connected to in the NFL, however I know when Tony Hollings came out of Gerorgia Tech Chan Gailey made many phone calls to make sure he would get selected in the Supplemental draft. Perhaps Carrol would do the same.

Dimitrius Underwood might be a better example of what you're hoping against. There are conflicting stories at this time being offered on LA Sports talk radio regarding his behavior leading to the decision.

Yahoo Sports

Packers | Showing Interest in Wright? - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 15 May 2005 09:07:00 -0700

Rich Cimini, reports for the New York Daily News, the Green Bay Packers are reportedly interested in USC DT Manuel Wright. As noted, Wright has made himself available for the NFL's supplemental draft.

NFL | Right Spot for Wright? - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 15 May 2005 09:04:50 -0700

Rich Cimini, reports for the New York Daily News, the early thinking is NFL teams may be willing to spend a third-round pick in the supplemental draft on USC DT Manuel Wright. Scouts say he's boom-or-bust prospect.