Amazing Race ... Amazing Finish!

PTS

Although I think CBS definitely had a hand in American Airlines re-opening the flight for Uchenna and Joyce, I'm glad they won considering what they had to overcome in the final days with no money.

Rob and Amber are cool but they already got their cash. The POW's girl is such a B word.

Great ending to a show I finally got hooked on.

Although I think CBS definitely had a hand in American Airlines re-opening the flight for Uchenna and Joyce, I'm glad they won considering what they had to overcome in the final days with no money.

Rob and Amber are cool but they already got their cash. The POW's girl is such a B word.

333251[/snapback]

Agreed~cool ending, i owe my kid a buck- he was right

Did you see they're doing a reality show of the marriage of Rob and "Ambah" ?

Those two won't need the $ like the two that won-(classy folks who helped the older folks and others along the way).

I'm shocked they can keep the endings to these show's secret for that long!

love the show. I'm a little suspicious of how things work sometimes....how often does a pilot decide to go back to the gate?? anyway, great finish and the right team won.

I want to hate rob and amber, but they play the game well and have a great time doing it.

both of the other couple sucked - the guy and the girl.

333251[/snapback]

Thanks, I was bitter i had to miss it...but I had a hockey game..It has slowly become one of my favorite shows :blush:

great finish, great season. the only thing that would have been better was to see meredith and gretchen win. or to see rob and ambuh win to see the gay guys B word and moan a little more. I too loved rooting for Rob and Ambuh, they played the game great and save for the pilot holding the plane, it was thier cash! happy to see uchena and joyce win. After Joyce didn't hesitate to chop off her lettuce in india, they were among my favorites. peyton manning and his "beauty queen" are a train wreck. I want to be on that show!

Once again I was at the end of my seat watching this show. I hope I don't find out later that they stage some of these"conections" ala the WWE. I would have been happy with the winners or Rob and Amber, the POW and the Beauty Queen should have been gone a long time ago. I can't wait for the next season!

if CBS did have a hand in having that plane held, then shame on them.

Rob and Amber outsmarted everyone and if their smart move was negated by diddling from CBS just so a more....well....appealing couple could win, then shame on them.

I'm not so sure it was CBS tampering so much as it was American Airlines trying to project a good image on a TV show. "See how we go the extra mile to help our passengers?" Either way I'm sure Rob and Amber got paid to even appear on the Amazing Race, they have their 1.1 million from Survivor, and they'll get a pay day from their wedding special. So they really didn't need the money. I'm just glad that beauty pageant B word didn't get her mitts on any of the loot.

Although I think CBS definitely had a hand in American Airlines re-opening the flight for Uchenna and Joyce,

They've never done that for me. :P

So many times I've stood looking out the window for a full 10 mins before the plane pulled away.

Bastages.

The fix was definitely on. No way does any flight all of a sudden decide to allow a few passengers on after the latch is closed and the gate is pulling away

It also worked for Rob and Amber a while back when they got on their flight at the last minute.

All the other teams were pissed. Anything for ratings.

How about a reality show with POW and Beauty Queen living together? That would be great! Put them into a little house like that Geico commercial!

How about a reality show with POW and Beauty Queen living together? That would be great! Put them into a little house like that Geico commercial!

333558[/snapback]

I'm ashamed to say that when I saw that Geico commercial, I was thinking, "Hey, what's the name of this show? I want to TiVo it." :P:P;)

CW

I'm ashamed to say that when I saw that Geico commercial, I was thinking, "Hey, what's the name of this show?  I want to TiVo it."  :P  :P  ;)

CW

333581[/snapback]

I always maintained that show would be great.

Does anyone think that ANY of these reality shows are NOT fixed? If two strangers came panhandling for money to pay a taxi, what would you do? I would call the police. But if there was a camera crew there, suddenly you would want to be in the show and play the game.

you would call the cops because people were asking for money?

my question about that is: could the contestants explain the situation, or is it against the rules to say yo are in a competition? Also why wouldn't uchena and joyce have stiffed the cabbie at the end? for a million bucks I would have told him to follow me! I wonder if it is in the rules that you cannot stiff any of the service providers. Uchenna and Joyce said they just wanted to maintain their integrity....yeah right, for a million dollars you can buy integrity!!!!!! :P

Does anyone think that ANY of these reality shows are NOT fixed?  If two strangers came panhandling for money to pay a taxi, what would you do?  I would call the police.  But if there was a camera crew there, suddenly you would want to be in the show and play the game.

333652[/snapback]

my question about that is:  could the contestants explain the situation, or is it against the rules to say yo are in a competition?  Also why wouldn't uchena and joyce have stiffed the cabbie at the end?  for a million bucks I would have told him to follow me!  I wonder if it is in the rules that you cannot stiff any of the service providers.  Uchenna and Joyce said they just wanted to maintain their integrity....yeah right, for a million dollars you can buy integrity!!!!!! :P

333668[/snapback]

I was saying the same thing as you. I'm betting it's in the rules though, because they still didn't pay the cabby his full amount but said over and over, "He told us that's good enough! He told us we can go!" That'd also explain why he was trying to swap his ring for the money.

CW

Oddly enough, that was the first Amazing Race show I watched. It was awesome and I'll watch it next year. I do have a question though: Why did the team at the end hussle around trying to collect cab fare money. Couldn't they have said, we'll be millionares in a minute and then we'll pay you? Or is it some kind of rule they have to abide by?

my question about that is:  could the contestants explain the situation, or is it against the rules to say yo are in a competition?  Also why wouldn't uchena and joyce have stiffed the cabbie at the end?  for a million bucks I would have told him to follow me!  I wonder if it is in the rules that you cannot stiff any of the service providers.  Uchenna and Joyce said they just wanted to maintain their integrity....yeah right, for a million dollars you can buy integrity!!!!!! :P

333668[/snapback]

once someone asked me if I wanted to SUperSize my meal...I called the Cops

my question about that is:  could the contestants explain the situation, or is it against the rules to say yo are in a competition?  Also why wouldn't uchena and joyce have stiffed the cabbie at the end?  for a million bucks I would have told him to follow me!  I wonder if it is in the rules that you cannot stiff any of the service providers.  Uchenna and Joyce said they just wanted to maintain their integrity....yeah right, for a million dollars you can buy integrity!!!!!! ;)

333668[/snapback]

Yes, if two people were pan handling in my suburban neighborhood I would be freaked out.