Security in NFL games...

Does anyone else ever notice the amount of security there is at other NFL venues in the stands. I have been to Bills away games in Miami, Cincinnati, and Indianopolis.......and I have to say that during the games I see little or no security guards in the aisleways. Now in Buffalo, in sec. 122 where I sit there is at least 8-10 security guards/police in our section on a regular basis. So when the group of us at road games get the "Let's go Buffalo" chants going, food and plastic beer bottles get rained down on us with no consequences.....on the other hand I stand up to yell at annoying Patriot fans, I get told by security to "sit down".....thats BS....anyone else ever notice this????

Does anyone else ever notice the amount of security there is at other NFL venues in the stands.  I have been to Bills away games in Miami, Cincinnati, and Indianopolis.......and I have to say that during the games I see little or no security guards in the aisleways.  Now in Buffalo, in sec. 122 where I sit there is at least 8-10 security guards/police in our section on a regular basis.  So when the group of us at road games get the "Let's go Buffalo" chants going, food and plastic beer bottles get rained down on us with no consequences.....on the other hand I stand up to yell at annoying Patriot fans, I get told by security to "sit down".....thats BS....anyone else ever notice this????

331427[/snapback]

shut up and sit down

They have to keep it a "safe" environment which I am happy about. Getting into fights at football games is just plain stupid. However, i can understand the frustration when attending a road game and being harrassed. But I personally feel that at the Ralph, they can't afford to lose season ticket holders, so they maintain a safe environment to try and market to kids and the family. Just my opinion.

Kick the crap out of the discount security staff, then kick the crap out of the Patriette fans.

:doh:

331654[/snapback]

:blink: .....too bad most of the guys watching our section have green coats with "police' on the back.....no rent a cops here :o

Attack the fat ones first.....at least then you may get the man advantage situation going.

:o

331656[/snapback]

the NFL fan power play!! I'll make sure Zhitnik is not in my section he may miss a wide open uppercut on one of those pigs :doh:

:doh: .....too bad most of the guys watching our section have green coats with "police' on the back.....no rent a cops here  :o

331655[/snapback]

Your reputation precedes you. :blink:

Does anyone else ever notice the amount of security there is at other NFL venues in the stands.  I have been to Bills away games in Miami, Cincinnati, and Indianopolis.......and I have to say that during the games I see little or no security guards in the aisleways.  Now in Buffalo, in sec. 122 where I sit there is at least 8-10 security guards/police in our section on a regular basis.  So when the group of us at road games get the "Let's go Buffalo" chants going, food and plastic beer bottles get rained down on us with no consequences.....on the other hand I stand up to yell at annoying Patriot fans, I get told by security to "sit down".....thats BS....anyone else ever notice this????

331427[/snapback]

Now that I'm in The End Zone I know you'll watch out for me. No worries here.

:o

331427[/snapback]

I am all in favor of screaming your guts out to cheer for your team and "friendly" banter (notice the quotation marks on friendly :o ) with the opposition's fans. That said, I almost stopped going to games a few years ago, because of all the food, drinks, snow balls, bottles, F bombs (imagine a staggering drunk screaming F-you at the top of his lungs 30 times and you see what I mean), and the inevitable 4th quarter fist fights all over the stands.

Also I had times I got to my seat and almost got into fights with someone who was NOT supposed to IN MY SEATS and knew it, but would not leave until I got an usher.

That said, I think those off duty cops should be taught a little tolerance. :doh: Being told to sit down for yelling at Pats fans is overkill, unless you were directly instigating a fight. :w00t::blink:

I am all in favor of screaming your guts out to cheer for your team and "friendly" banter (notice the quotation marks on friendly  <_< ) with the opposition's fans. That said, I almost stopped going to games a few years ago, because of all the food, drinks, snow balls, bottles, F bombs (imagine a staggering drunk screaming F-you at the top of his lungs 30 times and you see what I mean), and the inevitable 4th quarter fist fights all over the stands.

Also I had times I got to my seat and almost got into fights with someone who was NOT supposed to IN MY SEATS and knew it, but would not leave until I got an usher.

That said, I think those off duty cops should be taught a little tolerance.  :D  Being told to sit down for yelling at Pats fans is overkill, unless you were directly instigating a fight.  ;)   :P

331763[/snapback]

Good points.....and in my 7 years of season tickets I have never instigated a fight, other than when a Chargers fan told me and every other Bills fan around me to "F" off.....so I preceded to take the dip out of my mouth and throw it off of his cheek......he sat down and did not bother any other fans the rest of the game :D