Penguins vs Bruins in the 2023 Winter Classic game

Greg S

(12) NHL Public Relations on Twitter: "The 2023 NHL #WinterClassic is shipping up to Boston where the @NHLBruins will play outdoors at Fenway Park in what will be the 15th anniversary of the first Winter Classic. More info: https://t.co/IIDZ3KdL5X https://t.co/Kyo7Gu4i2J" / Twitter

At least they are giving us new teams(sarcasm) to watch in this game

(12) Mike DeFabo on Twitter: "It appears the Penguins will play the Bruins in the 2023 Winter Classic at Fenway Park. The long-rumored matchup just makes too much sense, given the team’s connection to Fenway Sports Group. https://t.co/N7R9KXUPVd" / Twitter

On 4/13/2022 at 12:57 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

The thrill is gone.

They kind of overdid it.  Should have been 1 game only per year, on New Year's Day.

Also, it doesn't make for great viewing.  Hockey rinks don't fit in football stadiums or ballparks.

They already had an outdoor game at Fenway and it was awkward trying to shoehorn the rink onto the diamond...Lots of people had terrible views.

It's still cool though and they should continue it---one per year only.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They kind of overdid it.  Should have been 1 game only per year, on New Year's Day.

Also, it doesn't make for great viewing.  Hockey rinks don't fit in football stadiums or ballparks.

They already had an outdoor game at Fenway and it was awkward trying to shoehorn the rink onto the diamond...Lots of people had terrible views.

It's still cool though and they should continue it---one per year only.

Wasn't the first one back in 2009 at the Ralph (Pens vs Sabres)? I could see the Sabres getting another one soon once the Bills new stadium is up and running. While Buffalo is known as a football mad city it is also one of the best American cities for hockey ratings wise. If the Sabres can finally have a successful rebuild and become a contender again then I think they are definitely getting one.

On 4/13/2022 at 12:57 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

The thrill is gone.

Not to mention the layout at Fenway for hockey is the worst. I went to a college double-header there the last time they hosted an outdoor game. It wasn't full so I walked around the entire stadium and couldn't find a spot where you could see the ice well. You're basically buying a ticket to watch a Jumbotron.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.