Dawson Knox: “I want to be in a conversation with the elite of the elite” (good article, paywall)

Logic

I like Knox but dude has a long way to go to be elite.  He's good, he's got great size and physical ability, but he makes some horrendous bone head plays and drops.

I'm amazed how he can make an insane high point leaping grab while twisting... then in the next possession drop a routine easy catch wide open right in his mittens.  The inconsistency with the hands blows my mind,  I think it's a focus issue where in the big plays he's dialed in and drifting on routine plays. 

He has the physical ability to be elite.  He needs to execute consistently though. 

13 hours ago, Beast said:

Ummm, aren't the top players at a position considered elite?

Anyway, I don't believe for one second that teams have to "gameplan" specifically for Dawson Knox.

Dawson finished 18th in receptions, 15th in yards and 1st in TD's (missing a couple games I believe). Don't let the last number blind you. He had a nice year. He also missed blocks that blew plays up. He has a long ways to go before he is considered elite or teams are spefically most worried about stopping Dawson Knox when our offense takes the field.

Teams do gameplan for Knox. It was clear against the Pats, second game, that they7d decided to take away away Diggs and Knox. No, they don't say, "Men, our first task is to eliminate Knox. If we don't manage that, we will lose this game."

But yeah, they're game-planning against him.

And, no, he's not elite, but he also does not have that far to go.

No, he certainly isn't the one who makes teams most worried. But neither is Kelce. TEs generally aren't, even elite ones.

And by the end of the year he was blocking really well. It was great to see. He has improved a ton there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.