2005 Offensive Line?

What do you want our line to look like this season?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want our line to look like this season?

• Gandy/Anderson/Teague/Villarial/Williams
    • Teague/Anderson/Preston/Villarial/Williams
    • Option #1: But i'm one of the morons who thinks Jason Peters should start at LT
    • If we don't sign another LT, WE'RE DOOMED!

I like Williams/Lindell/Parrish/Norwood/Williams

NOBODY would expect that. Williams playing left and right tackle? Brilliant!

Parrish at center? Makes zero sense. Brilliant! Mcnalley is just enough of a genius to pull this off.

no one should be suprised if Jason Peters starts at LT because he has earned the job, not given it by default.

Alot of teams projected him as a LT in the NFL at the combine. He's 6'4, 330lbs and is more athletic than any LT in the league. Has long arms and is very strong. He had 61 knockdown blocks as a senior from the TE position.

If he can learn the position, the sky is the limit.

I think this is an option:

LT-Teague LG-Anderson C-Tucker RG-Villarriall RT-Williams. I am not sure what Gandy's potential is, however I do not think people should be in a ruch to push Ross Tucker out of the starting line up.

LT-Teague LG-Anderson C-Tucker RG-Villarriall RT-Williams. I am not sure what Gandy's potential is, however I do not think people should be in a ruch to push Ross Tucker out of the starting line up.

330494[/snapback]

the only reason we signed bennie anderson is to get tucker out of the lineup

the only reason we signed bennie anderson is to get tucker out of the lineup

330513[/snapback]

The o-line started to come together as soon as Ross Tucker was inserted into the starting lineup. Ross Tucker might not be spectacular, but he is steady.

330494[/snapback]

Iagree with this option.

gives us a nasty, run orientied middle!

Justin Geisinger will start somewhere before midseason, possibly even at OLT, where he started for three years at Vandy.

330956[/snapback]

If that happens, that means the Bills will be in big, BIG trouble.

Having a mid round rookie from a weak school take over at LT in mid season either means someone got hurt, or everyone else was so God awful that the team is in dire straights.

If that happens, that means the Bills will be in big, BIG trouble.

Having a mid round rookie from a weak school take over at LT in mid season either means someone got hurt, or everyone else was so God awful that the team is in dire straights.

330999[/snapback]

You did not watch the Senior Bowl. Justin Geisinger, playing OLT for all but Q1, handled everyone he faced, including Gauss and Ware, who both got sacks against "2nd rounder" Khalif Barnes in that same Senior Bowl.

Claiming to know something about a player you have never seen and only know which round he was drafted is not exactly a smart thing to do. In the mid 1990's, had you been a Denver fan, you would have had the exact same response to the Denver RB situation, where some "6th rounder" named Terrell Davis, who must have sukked because he was a "6th rounder," got a chance to play...

You did not watch the Senior Bowl.  Justin Geisinger, playing OLT for all but Q1, handled everyone he faced, including Gauss and Ware, who both got sacks against "2nd rounder" Khalif Barnes in that same Senior Bowl.

Claiming to know something about a player you have never seen and only know which round he was drafted is not exactly a smart thing to do.  In the mid 1990's, had you been a Denver fan, you would have had the exact same response to the Denver RB situation, where some "6th rounder" named Terrell Davis, who must have sukked because he was a "6th rounder," got a chance to play...

331046[/snapback]

I agree with you that the certainty expressed by the poster is not a good thing to do as there are simply no stone cold locks that an NFL athlete who makes the team will or will not produce at a certain level.

However, I think though the certainty JG won't make it is unwarranted, the certainty you seem to express that he will start by midseason is even more unwarranted. While i would love it if JG stepped up to take the LT or any starting slot (or proved to be the invetor of a substance which simultaneously could be a floor wax or a desert topping) it just seems wildly outrageous this could happen regardless of his Senior Bowl play.

The difference between the best college athletes (present at the Senior Bowl) and even the roster filling pro athletes is significant. It does seem to be the real world occurence that estimates from experts such as TD that even 1st round choices are about 50/50 as who is going to be a player and who is going to be a big disappointment or simply a bust is true.

Geisinger will certainly make the roster but seems like a development prospect at best.

Iagree with this option.

gives us a nasty, run orientied middle!

330935[/snapback]

I will change my vote to this option as well. However, I think there is a fair (35%, IMO) that Duke Preston is starting at center by year's end and definitely by 2006. Tucker back to backup G and C spots unless Bennie underperforms.

You did not watch the Senior Bowl.  Justin Geisinger, playing OLT for all but Q1, handled everyone he faced, including Gauss and Ware, who both got sacks against "2nd rounder" Khalif Barnes in that same Senior Bowl.

Claiming to know something about a player you have never seen and only know which round he was drafted is not exactly a smart thing to do.  In the mid 1990's, had you been a Denver fan, you would have had the exact same response to the Denver RB situation, where some "6th rounder" named Terrell Davis, who must have sukked because he was a "6th rounder," got a chance to play...

331046[/snapback]

Who is Gauss by the way? I know Ware was Dallas' 1st round OLB/DE, right?

He might have a chance at OT... Interesting and I did not know he played well in the Senior Bowl. How did he practice, anybody read anything about that?

Who is Gauss by the way?  I know Ware was Dallas' 1st round OLB/DE, right?

He might have a chance at OT...  Interesting and I did not know he played well in the Senior Bowl.  How did he practice, anybody read anything about that?

331059[/snapback]

I'm guessing he means DE George Gause, whom we signed as an undrafted free agent.

I will change my vote to this option as well.  However, I think there is a fair (35%, IMO) that Duke Preston is starting at center by year's end and definitely by 2006.  Tucker back to backup G and C spots unless Bennie underperforms.

331057[/snapback]

I also like this option. Let the rookie earn his way in at center. Ross

Tucker, though not spectacular, seems steady and capable.

Could be the best interior O-line in years?

I agree with you that the certainty expressed by the poster is not a good thing to do as there are simply no stone cold locks that an NFL athlete who makes the team will or will not produce at a certain level.

However, I think though the certainty JG won't make it is unwarranted, the certainty you seem to express that he will start by midseason is even more unwarranted.  While i would love it if JG stepped up to take the LT or any starting slot (or proved to be the invetor of a substance which simultaneously could be a floor wax or a desert topping) it just seems wildly outrageous this could happen regardless of his Senior Bowl play.

The difference between the best college athletes (present at the Senior Bowl) and even the roster filling pro athletes is significant.  It does seem to be the real world occurence that estimates from experts such as TD that even 1st round choices are about 50/50 as who is going to be a player and who is going to be a big disappointment or simply a bust is true.

Geisinger will certainly make the roster but seems like a development prospect at best.

331054[/snapback]

Justin is "developmental" as an OG prospect. However, he is one heck of a prospect for OG. This is a decent piece on it:

http://www.thefootballgenius.com/draft/tfg...nGeisinger.html

As an OLT, he is extremely experienced, and quite possibly the best option on the Bills roster right now, which isn't exactly saying much.

I went to Vandy.