Tyreek Hill extension - 4 years 85 mill

YoloinOhio

On 3/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, Big Turk said:

Dude has unfair speed. No angle is a good enough angle against him. Bills seemingly find that out once a game against them.

He's as dangerous a player as there is in the league.

He's like Mahomes and the top QBs---he's worth every dime, even with these huge salaries.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:07 AM, GunnerBill said:

I don't think the Bills are against cash spending. The Pegulas have been more than happy to throw cash at the problem. I do think they have been slightly more cautious in their team building approach but that was as a strategic choice rather than a financial necessity. Some of us think it is time for them to be a little bolder in that regard. 

IIRC, they’ve basically done this twice with Diggs already; once right after the trade, and again last season. Basically converted his salary to cash which is part of why we haven’t heard peep from Diggs about having a lower salary than his contemporaries. Cash in hand coupled with winning allows for patience and cooperative environments. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, YoloinOhio said:

He can demand it because he’s different. Everyone is trying to find the “next tyreek hill” but they can’t because his speed is rare - it’s not just running a fast 40, he’s on a different level with game speed that’s hard to replicate. 

I think you go in knowing that he going to do that at least once a game and you just need to move on to the next play. The key is scoring more points and getting to mahomes. There is no “scheme” to stop hill, like there is no “scheme” to stop Josh Allen because of the rare athleticism. 

Completely agree.

When he squares up to the defense and dares them to try to tackle him, it seems he is toying with you. He is sure he will out juke you and so does the defense. It is absurd and very frustrating, and as if Barry Sanders was a WR.

On 3/6/2022 at 5:18 AM, Zerovoltz said:

<Following is NOT intended as a slight to the BILLS>

I've mentioned this before....the CAP is not a problem if you want to play the game of kicking the can....which is what KC is doing....very similar to what the Saints did up until Brees retired.

Just keep converting money to signing bonus, kick it to next year...and then the next year....it will eventually get to a point where you finally have to eat it and account for it....

Where KC and Buffalo might differ is CASH spending.  When you are converting money to signing bonuses...it means your owner is writing a big fat check RIGHT NOW...to pay out.  If you don't have alot of operating cash....or you do and just don't want to do business that way...then it matters and might determine in part..how a team handles cap.  The Radiers are team that are said to be "cash poor" for example.

I would conclude as I have before....the CAP, while not something you can ignore....it is something that you can work around with a combo of good drafting (saints were good drafters)  ...and kicking money down the line.

KC has drafted well and are set to kick more money down the line.  KC will pay that piper later.

Yup, works for 6 years or so and then you are the Seahawks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.