Spotrac spitballs C. Kirk & C. Williams to Bills

Estro

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wonder if this is why we haven't seen a Diggs extension yet - did his agents tell Beane "we want to see how the FA market in WR shakes out before we deal"?

(I also know Beane historically likes FA-Draft-Extend but our cap situation is so poor that Diggs contract seems like the "elephant in the room")

Yeah, given the talent at WR in FA, especially Adams who Diggs is considered to be in same tier as, I’m sure his agents were in no rush to get it done.  Especially knowing full well guys like Williams, Robinson, Kirk we’re gonna set a very high floor for his deal, meaning Diggs is worth more than those guys.  

But Diggs loves Buffalo…whose taken care of him financially since the day we got him…loves the mafia, loves the locker room, loves winning, and most importantly has an absolute bromance with Allen.  So I expect they are gonna look for the right deal for him, but still give Buffalo some sort of discount and also make sure it’s team friendly because Diggs is driven to win.  

So I’m not that worried to be honest, I’m sure it will get done and Beane will work some magic with it too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 2/24/2022 at 4:09 AM, NoSaint said:

i think “giving up 10-20M” is a bit extreme in the framing. If beane wants him, he’d be able to easily offer more than 6 and slot this in as Kirk/Davis replacing beasley/sanders. 

If we are in on Kirk, we are north of 40 not sub 25 on a 4 year deal

Turns out giving up $10M-$20m to come here for a discount was “extreme” after all…as in extremely low 😎 🤪

Turns out he would left up to $60M on the table to take the kind of deals people were suggesting here.  Lol

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Holy **** he got more than Mike Williams!  I told y’all he was never coming here and would get big money, but even I didn’t think it would be this big.  Wow!

He likely won't be the only F/A Jags will overpay. Seems they think the young QB will make a huge leap if they get better weapons.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.