What will a Bills superbowl win do to your

Assuming the Bills win a superbowl eventually, how will it affect you in following years? Will you be so satisfied with a win after all those years that you won't be worried as much or excited about the next seasons?

I was thinking and a lot of people here have been waiting for the Bills to win a superbowl for a LONG time. I wonder if any of you will just be so relieved with the win that Bills football just won't be as important since they finally got one.

This question should be easy for Red Sox fans since you probably already know what the experience of waiting and finally winning is like.

All I can say is it won't feel as good as winning that first one against the Giants would have felt.  :D

329201[/snapback]

Hmm, I wonder if a lot of people think that way. Maybe they would have preferred it back and 90 because they felt closer to that bunch of guys than the group of free agent era guys assembled today.

Assuming the Bills win a superbowl eventually, how will it affect you in following years?  Will you be so satisfied with a win after all those years that you won't be worried as much or excited about the next seasons?

I was thinking and a lot of people here have been waiting for the Bills to win a superbowl for a LONG time.  I wonder if any of you will just be so relieved with the win that Bills football just won't be as important since they finally got one.

This question should be easy for Red Sox fans since you probably already know what the experience of waiting and finally winning is like.

329200[/snapback]

It'll be the same for me as when the NY Rangers finally won the cup after 42 years. I'll be drunk for two weeks, then it's back to screaming at the TV the following season. The only thing that will change is I won't have to hear that stupid "Boy I love Losing SuperBowls" crap that I get from Pats fans now.

Hmm, I wonder if a lot of people think that way.  Maybe they would have preferred it back and 90 because they felt closer to that bunch of guys than the group of free agent era guys assembled today.

329203[/snapback]

That's definately how I feel. I'd love to see ANY group of Bills win the Super Bowl, but there was just something special about those 90s Bills. Too bad they never got it done. Plus back in the 90s I had more time to give a damn about football than I do now. I still follow it closely, but back then it almost felt like life and death. I guess that's what maturity does to you.

The Bills should cut all of their team and hold tryouts open to all Bills fans. A team full of Bills fans would be so intent on winning the superbowl that no one could beat them. Imagine some of the intense Pats haters on this board lining up as DE. They would get to Brady in a second on determination alone.

I just need one before I die =/

329202[/snapback]

Amen.

A Super Bowl title would not affect my interest in the team. This is like asking if you'd love your child more if he/she won some state title.

It would be the greatest feeling, because I would be scared s*itless just being in that game again. I would fly, drive, walk or crawl to Buffalo for the party and parade after the win - I'm sure that I wouldn't be alone!

Jeff

That's definately how I feel.  I'd love to see ANY group of Bills win the Super Bowl, but there was just something special about those 90s Bills.  Too bad they never got it done.  Plus back in the 90s I had more time to give a damn about football than I do now.  I still follow it closely, but back then it almost felt like life and death.  I guess that's what maturity does to you.

329206[/snapback]

Dude...that pretty much sums me up to a tee. I would love a Super Bowl win, of course, but that damn 90's team deserved to get one...just one would have been fine. I loved those guys.

It would be the greatest feeling, because I would be scared s*itless just being in that game again. I would fly, drive, walk or crawl to Buffalo for the party and parade after the win - I'm sure that I wouldn't be alone!

Agreed!

And a few of the 90s team members would probably be there too!

It'll be the same for me as when the NY Rangers finally won the cup after 42 years.  I'll be drunk for two weeks, then it's back to screaming at the TV the following season. 

329204[/snapback]

Yeh, my interest in 'Cuse hoops didn't diminish after their 1st championship in '03.

To be honest, it will be like a weight has been lifted.

Similarly, I have been an OSU Buckeye fan all of my life - then they won the National Championship. I'm still a fan, but I don't follow them nearly as close - its like I can die happy.

It would be similar with the Bills, but at least I have a vested interested since I now have season tickets.