Lets be honest here about 2005

MM now has a year under his belt and will need to show that he can go head-to-head with the Belichicks and Cowhers of the league.

326774[/snapback]

Oh great...we have more than one Belichick in the league now?! :w00t:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills will win all home games this year. Then it will only be a case of winning 3 on the road to get in. The running game early in the season with a solid defense will get us the start we need, giving JP time to mature as big ben did last year.

326797[/snapback]

Win ALL home games? With all due respect, this isnt 1990. VERY few teams nowadays run the table at home. For the Bills to have any chance at the playoffs, I really feel they need to go at least 4-2 in the division. Say the Bills finish 3-3 in the division. To get to 10 wins they need to go 7-3 against:

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

Cincinnati

Houston

Kansas City

Denver

Oakland

Carolina

New Orleans

San Diego

I know some of the tougher teams are home games, but 7-3 may be a lot to ask, IMO especially with a team who is probably not going to be stable on the OL starting a "rookie" QB. If the Bills can go 4-2 in the division, then 6-4 is more attainable.

Win ALL home games?  With all due respect, this isnt 1990.  VERY few teams nowadays run the table at home.  For the Bills to have any chance at the playoffs, I really feel they need to go at least 4-2 in the division.  Say the Bills finish 3-3 in the division.  To get to 10 wins they need to go 7-3 against:

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

Cincinnati

Houston

Kansas City

Denver

Oakland

Carolina

New Orleans

San Diego

I know some of the tougher teams are home games, but 7-3 may be a lot to ask, IMO especially with a team who is probably not going to be stable on the OL starting a "rookie" QB.  If the Bills can go 4-2 in the division, then 6-4 is more attainable.

326835[/snapback]

7-3 is not asking a lot when you compare rosters of the teams on your list. The Bills are better than everybody except San Diego.

Win ALL home games?  With all due respect, this isnt 1990.  VERY few teams nowadays run the table at home.  For the Bills to have any chance at the playoffs, I really feel they need to go at least 4-2 in the division.  Say the Bills finish 3-3 in the division.  To get to 10 wins they need to go 7-3 against:

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

Cincinnati

Houston

Kansas City

Denver

Oakland

Carolina

New Orleans

San Diego

I know some of the tougher teams are home games, but 7-3 may be a lot to ask, IMO especially with a team who is probably not going to be stable on the OL starting a "rookie" QB.  If the Bills can go 4-2 in the division, then 6-4 is more attainable.

326835[/snapback]

Bills go 4-2 in division. Beating Mia twice, splitting with other two.

other wins

Houston

KC

Atlanta

TB (on Road)

Carolina

Denver

Cinncinnati (On Road)

Miami has all kinds of problems. Jets have made some improvements, but we beat ourselves against them last year. Patriots have a good cast of team players, but the coordinators are not there to call the plays ( I expect to see a huge flop)

Bills go 4-2 in division. Beating Mia twice, splitting with other two.

other wins

Houston

KC

Atlanta

TB (on Road)

Carolina

Denver

Cinncinnati (On Road)

Miami has all kinds of problems. Jets have made some improvements, but we beat ourselves against them last year. Patriots have a good cast of team players, but the coordinators are not there to call the plays ( I expect to see a huge flop)

326859[/snapback]

I agree with most of your predictions, and I am as big a fan as anyone, but what on earth have you seen that makes you think we won't get waxed twice, again, by the patriots? ie the team that has won 3 out of the last 4 championships? Especially starting a QB with zero experience? We were completely outclassed last year when we finally got around to playing an elite team (Pitt). We have a better chance of beating the raiders, saints and chargers.

In any case we aren't going to be in the hunt at all unless JP is good. If he's good, 12-4 is a possibility. If he's not, it'll be 7-9 to 9-7 and no playoffs. But I don't think you can just assume we are going to beat the Pats unless Brady gets hurt or something bizarre happens.

All I know is that right now, in the beginning of May, I see no reason why the Bills can't make the playoffs, especially now that Drew is gone. And I won't be the slightest bit pessimistic until I see how they perform once the regular season starts.

As Bob Dylan once said, "Now ain't the time for your tears."

I agree with most of your predictions, and I am as big a fan as anyone, but what on earth have you seen that makes you think we won't get waxed twice, again, by the patriots?  ie the team that has won 3 out of the last 4 championships?  Especially starting a QB with zero experience?  We were completely outclassed last year when we finally got around to playing an elite team (Pitt).  We have a better chance of beating the raiders, saints and chargers. 

In any case we aren't going to be in the hunt at all unless JP is good.  If he's good, 12-4 is a possibility.  If he's not, it'll be 7-9 to 9-7 and no playoffs.  But I don't think you can just assume we are going to beat the Pats unless Brady gets hurt or something bizarre happens.

326953[/snapback]

Belichic coordinators knew everything about Bledsoe and constantly beat him through his weaknesses, primarily his inabilty to escape pressure. You start wandering defensive players around on this team and McAhee will rip off a huge run. patriots are going to have to play honest football this year.

I still believe the pats coordinators were most instrumental in their success.

I agree with most of your predictions, and I am as big a fan as anyone, but what on earth have you seen that makes you think we won't get waxed twice, again, by the patriots?

326953[/snapback]

Now if you are talking about beating the pats in NE I agree....but if TH didnt trip and the Bills had a clue on the infamous Bledsoe play at the end of the Pats game at home, Bills had a pretty decent shot to win at home.

I just dont like the out of conference schedule as some others do here.

For example, you think Carolina is going to be like last year? Think again.

Now if you are talking about beating the pats in NE I agree....but if TH didnt trip and the Bills had a clue on the infamous Bledsoe play at the end of the Pats game at home, Bills had a pretty decent shot to win at home.

I just dont like the out of conference schedule as some others do here.

For example, you think Carolina is going to be like last year?  Think again.

327008[/snapback]

My recollection of the Bills-Pats game last year at RWS is that the Pats pretty much handled us the entire game, we scored late to get within 7, then got the ball back with around 2:30 to go needing to drive down and score a TD to tie. Even if DB hadn't crapped the bed (and did anyone really think he was going to bring us down for the late TD?), there was nothing to make me think that Brady wouldn't have immediately, and easily, marched the Pats down to Vinatieri's range (ie 10-15 yards beyond Lindell's range) for the win. The Pats usually do enough to win, only really pouring it on when they play the Bills in Foxboro.

I agree on Carolina -- that is a good team that is far from a definite W for us. However, it's also a team that we can beat if JP is good. Frankly, if JP is good, I don't think there is any game on the schedule that is an NFW for us except the Pats. Based on the past 5 years or so, it's hard to see us beating the Jets in NYC (where the average game has been something like a 33-6 butt-whipping), but not impossible either.

I just do not see any way Baltimore misses this year, just my opinion.  They finally have some playmakers at WR and their defense is still there, Boller or no Boller, they should win 10+ easy...

Jets get a new OC (Hackett was very bad) they get Coles back, they got RID of Doug Brien...I think they will be tough to beat too.

Kansas City upgraded on defense at multiple postions, and their offense is still top notch.

San Diego and Jacksonville, I grant you that, we really dont know about San Diego, but I think the Jags and the Bengals are on the verge of a breakthrough.

And Mark IV you are right, I guess if we read all the other message boards, we would not feel the same way about these other teams.

Im not suggesting Im totally down about the season, Im just being realistic.

326532[/snapback]

If there is a team in the AFC East which will go as far as the QB takes them, it is the Jets. There have been reports Chad still can't throw for sh-- after his rotator cuff surgery. They also have a new OC as you pointed out, which means Chad will have to learn a new system as will the rest of the offense.