NFL Chief Medical Officer: Asymptomatic are not spreading Covid?

Big Blitz

Oh?

Am I allowed to question whether or not this is the case ----- everywhere?  You know like the flu.

NFL medical officer: Asymptomatic people not spreading COVID

The NFL's chief medical officer says asymptomatic players are not spreading COVID-19 based on his observations during this season.

Dr. Allen Sills appeared on the NFL Network on Thursday and said the league hasn't "seen this phenomenon that people have discussed, which is asymptomatic people in the facility spreading the virus to others."

Sills told ESPN later Thursday: "We've got our hands full with symptomatic people."

"Can I tell you tonight that there has never been a case when someone without symptoms passed it on to someone else? No, of course I can't say that," he told ESPN. "But what I can say to you is that I think it's a very, very tiny fraction of the overall problem, if it exists at all."

He also said to ESPN that "asymptomatic transmission inside our facilities just didn’t fit with what we were seeing."

He told the NFL Network that the key is "symptom recognition and prompt testing."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-medical-officer-asymptomatic-not-spreading-covid

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Oh?

Am I allowed to question whether or not this is the case ----- everywhere?  You know like the flu.

NFL medical officer: Asymptomatic people not spreading COVID

The NFL's chief medical officer says asymptomatic players are not spreading COVID-19 based on his observations during this season.

Dr. Allen Sills appeared on the NFL Network on Thursday and said the league hasn't "seen this phenomenon that people have discussed, which is asymptomatic people in the facility spreading the virus to others."

Sills told ESPN later Thursday: "We've got our hands full with symptomatic people."

"Can I tell you tonight that there has never been a case when someone without symptoms passed it on to someone else? No, of course I can't say that," he told ESPN. "But what I can say to you is that I think it's a very, very tiny fraction of the overall problem, if it exists at all."

He also said to ESPN that "asymptomatic transmission inside our facilities just didn’t fit with what we were seeing."

He told the NFL Network that the key is "symptom recognition and prompt testing."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-medical-officer-asymptomatic-not-spreading-covid

That a good hypothesis based on professional opinion and experience but there is no evidence presented to validate or invalidate it or prove it true or false.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

NFL had one COVID-19 hospitalization during 2021 season

It appears the majority of employees stayed relatively safe from the beginning of preseason action through the start of Super Bowl week. 

According to Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk, NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills said Monday that the league reported just one hospitalization related to the coronavirus among approximately 7,000 players, coaches and staff members for this season. 

"We clearly saw beneficial effects from the vaccine," Sills explained. "We consistently saw higher rates of COVID among the unvaccinated than we did with vaccinated individuals." 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/nfl_had_one_covid_19_hospitalization_during_2021_season/s1_13132_37193308

Sure sure.   

Their age or overall health didn't matter.   

I know.  Lots of coaches are OLD.  And out of shape.  

What's that, a 5X1 kid to adult-aged ratio, at worst?  A bunch of 20-somethings, 60+ of those 'kids' per-team, versus maybe two-dozen 'adult' aged people.  Yeah, no wonder the NFL didn't see rampant Covid.

It was bull#### from day one.  Several NFL players stood up like MEN would, and the rest cow-towed to the media.  I stand with the hand-full of players that had some BALLS.  The rest are a bunch of nancy-girls.