The Bills have been multiple teams' "Superbowl"

Hermes

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

Genuinely curious. How many Superbowls have those players collectively played in/won?

Morse with KC?

Sanders has a few

Maybe Hyde when he was with GB?

The point being that while some of these players have solid (not spectacular) individual accomplishments, not many on the roster have experienced sustained team success at a high level, in the NFL. Which is what the Bills as an organization are looking to build. So in that regard the Bills are still 'young' and cutting their teeth so to speak.

I was replying to your earlier post regarding Bills players who "haven't accomplished much" and "couldn't offer much in the way of guidance" (both pretty nebulous opinions). Now you're asking how many Bills vets have won Super Bowls - in essence, moving the goalposts. 

If you want a roster full of SB winners combined with young pups "still cutting their teeth" in today's salary cup world, good luck with that.

On 12/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Hermes said:

After 5 of the Bills 6 losses this year the team who beat them has lost the following week. Most recently, in convincing fashion, the Patriots and Bucaneers lost, while being atrocious on Run defense and on offense in general, respectively.

That being said, have the Bills become such a massive game for opponents that they're so drained, physically, mentally, and emotionally, that they can hardly compete the following week!? 

The only team that won the following week was the Titans at full strength who were a load for any team that faced them.

Excuse making badly done. Try again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

I was replying to your earlier post regarding Bills players who "haven't accomplished much" and "couldn't offer much in the way of guidance" (both pretty nebulous opinions). Now you're asking how many Bills vets have won Super Bowls - in essence, moving the goalposts. 

If you want a roster full of SB winners combined with young pups "still cutting their teeth" in today's salary cup world, good luck with that.

I suppose the way I look at it is the ultimate goal of the Bills is to field a Superbowl winning team. While I may not have clearly stated what I meant in my previous statements, I have been using that as my barometer for the 'accomplishments' of which I speak. So your perception of me moving the goalposts has, in essence been me clarifying what my initial viewpoint was/is. My apologies for not clearly expressing what I meant initially.

To your second point, you're obviously not going to fill a roster with free agents who have Superbowl experience, the premise is absurd.  Therefore the way to have a roster of which you and I speak, is to first win a Superbowl and then to draft well. That gives you the experience and expectations of the now 'older' players and the young guns cutting their teeth.  So far the Bills have Championship game experience and need to take the next step. Will this be the year? Possibly! We won't know for another few weeks at the very least and about a month and half otherwise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.