The Bills have been multiple teams' "Superbowl"

Hermes

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

Chill out bud, you think I care what random internet strangers think about my opinions!? 😂  It's a message board not a job interview. 

We haven't lost 1 this year. The Bills are focused on the real one. Get it straight. 

The Bills are a young team learning the ropes. They aren't some perennial contender looking to continue their success, in a few years we might look back and think how did this team lose 6 games back in '21. 

You are joking right?  There are two rookies playing significant minutes and Brown would be on the bench if the line was not so bad.  Bass and Davis are the only contributors from last year's class and Davis is now only getting starter minutes.  Most of the rest of the team is made up of guys that have been in the league for 3 or more years and many of them far longer than 3 years. Most of the team's important position players are on their second contracts.  

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

Chill out bud, you think I care what random internet strangers think about my opinions!? 😂  It's a message board not a job interview. 

We haven't lost 1 this year. The Bills are focused on the real one. Get it straight. 

The Bills are a young team learning the ropes. They aren't some perennial contender looking to continue their success, in a few years we might look back and think how did this team lose 6 games back in '21. 

We’re actually one of the oldest teams in the league 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You are joking right?  There are two rookies playing significant minutes and Brown would be on the bench if the line was not so bad.  Bass and Davis are the only contributors from last year's class and Davis is now only getting starter minutes.  Most of the rest of the team is made up of guys that have been in the league for 3 or more years and many of them far longer than 3 years. Most of the team's important position players are on their second contracts.  

*The Bills have young leaders learning how to lead a team to sustained success. 

None one is looking at Addison, Star, Hughes, Darryl Williams, Mitch Morse, Emmanuel Sanders, or any other aging vet and expecting long term returns from them. Everyone knows that these players are long in the tooth and will more than likely be replaced in the coming seasons. That being said they're important to how the roster is currently structured and while they play their roles the true team leaders Allen, Diggs, Ed Oliver, Dion Dawkins, Edmunds, Milano, Tre White and others are still early in their NFL careers and hence are still learning how to be a great team.  All of these players could feasibly play another 5-10 years and it wouldn't be considered a stretch. So the fact that they aren't even halfway through their careers I consider them young players. 

There's context to everything and while the Bills have one of the oldest rosters on paper, they have a solid young core of talented players that will be in the league longer than they've been thus far. While the Bills, as an organization, are looking to keep as much of this roster intact for as long as possible, given the salary requirements each player will demand. Ideally most of the core players will be staples of the Bills organization for the foreseeable future and will help to train those that they know will eventually replace them. 

Everyone on here likes to talk about the Bills Superbowl window being only a few short years, while the Bills organization is planning on keeping it open indefinitely. They're looking to be the next Pats, Steelers, Colts, Packers, etc.. (perennial contenders) not some flash in the pan team

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

We’re actually one of the oldest teams in he league 

Edited by Hermes
Grammar and stuff

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

According to Pats fans that's not true. The Bills win against KC doesn't count as a real win because the Bills beat them when they were struggling. So we are 7-1-6. Seven real wins, one gifted win, and six losses

716, I like what you did there! Area code anyone? Is that a sign from above?

5 hours ago, Hermes said:

After 5 of the Bills 6 losses this year the team who beat them has lost the following week. Most recently, in convincing fashion, the Patriots and Bucaneers lost, while being atrocious on Run defense and on offense in general, respectively.

That being said, have the Bills become such a massive game for opponents that they're so drained, physically, mentally, and emotionally, that they can hardly compete the following week!? 

The only team that won the following week was the Titans at full strength who were a load for any team that faced them.

I totally agree. Case in point.

• Right after the Pats beat the Titans Bill Bellicheat was asked if his team has finally arrived and his response was " ask me after next week" ( which was the Bills game)
  • Tom Brady before playing the BILLS. I had this game circled on the calendar.
  • Look at the joy and most importantly relief Vrabel showed after the Titans beat the Bills
  • Listen to what Josh Allen (lb) said after the Jags beat the Bills. He said it was like the Bills wasn't even trying out there and we took that personnel.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Hermes said:

After 5 of the Bills 6 losses this year the team who beat them has lost the following week. Most recently, in convincing fashion, the Patriots and Bucaneers lost, while being atrocious on Run defense and on offense in general, respectively.

That being said, have the Bills become such a massive game for opponents that they're so drained, physically, mentally, and emotionally, that they can hardly compete the following week!? 

The only team that won the following week was the Titans at full strength who were a load for any team that faced them.

Despite the offseason hype I seriously doubt coaches and players around the league were looking at the Bills as the 'team to beat'.

It makes zero sense especially since they were merely the AFC runner up and were taken to the woodshed in the game.

If anything the Chiefs fit that description and also why they got out of the gates to a 3-4 start before putting everything together and assuming the role of the odds on favorite in the AFC right now. This is also why I said after the Chiefs game don't be surprised if that was the Bills SB game and they fizzle out the rest of the way which is exactly what has happened.

We unfortunately got the full strength bucs for 60 minutes and their whole offense went down early against the saints…I think that’s what it came down to 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Despite the offseason hype I seriously doubt coaches and players around the league were looking at the Bills as the 'team to beat'.

It makes zero sense especially since they were merely the AFC runner up and were taken to the woodshed in the game.

If anything the Chiefs fit that description and also why they got out of the gates to a 3-4 start before putting everything together and assuming the role of the odds on favorite in the AFC right now. This is also why I said after the Chiefs game don't be surprised if that was the Bills SB game and they fizzle out the rest of the way which is exactly what has happened.

Having an MVP caliber QB, a strong WR core, and one of the leagues top defenses is what the Bills were heading into the season with, after lighting it up last year and coming within a game if the Superbowl. I'm sure the rest of the league holds teams like the Jets in the same regard. 

While the Bills have largely disappointed so far this year, there's still 3 games left to play before the postseason.  I'm not sure how many people would say ending the year on a four game winning steak would be considered fizzling out, but I may be wrong. Granted it has yet to happen, although a win against the Pats this weekend makes it very probable. 

So many people speak as if the season is over and the Bills are just looking to close out the season with some positive momentum for next year.  News flash; They're not! There's a very real chance they end up AFCE champs and the second seed in the playoffs.

Anyway, I'd love to hear who's going to win the Superbowl this year since you so accurately predicted the demise of the Bills and I'd love to throw down some cash on that. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We unfortunately got the full strength bucs for 60 minutes and their whole offense went down early against the saints…I think that’s what it came down to 

You might be right about that.. nevertheless my premise stands! If the Bucs weren't so physically exhausted from playing the Bills they never would've gotten injured. They simply couldn't recover in time for the Saints!

so this is your thought process? 

11 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

so this is your thought process? 

You sir are mistaken! There is no process to these thoughts.

That being said, yes. Allen and the other leaders on the team are young and learning how to be the big dogs in the league. Nevermind a lot of the older players on the roster, they haven't actually accomplished much in the league. Therefore they don't offer much in the way of guidance towards being a perennial contender or great team if you will. 

19 minutes ago, Hermes said:

You sir are mistaken! There is no process to these thoughts.

That being said, yes. Allen and the other leaders on the team are young and learning how to be the big dogs in the league. Nevermind a lot of the older players on the roster, they haven't actually accomplished much in the league. Therefore they don't offer much in the way of guidance towards being a perennial contender or great team if you will. 

Hughes, Morse, Sanders, Diggs, Hyde, Star, Milano, & Poyer would respectfully disagree

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
mn

7 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Hughes, Morse, Sanders, Diggs, Hyde, Star, Milano, & Poyer would respectfully disagree

Genuinely curious. How many Superbowls have those players collectively played in/won?

Morse with KC?

Sanders has a few

Maybe Hyde when he was with GB?

The point being that while some of these players have solid (not spectacular) individual accomplishments, not many on the roster have experienced sustained team success at a high level, in the NFL. Which is what the Bills as an organization are looking to build. So in that regard the Bills are still 'young' and cutting their teeth so to speak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.